1.    #1  
    I hold the red button down and the phone goes off but the Treo is still on.

How do you shut down the 750?

I've played with the 750 for about 10 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    I hold the red button down and the phone goes off but the Treo is still on.

How do you shut down the 750?

I've played with the 750 for about 10 minutes.
    You don't. The only way is to take out the battery. Dumb, if you ask me.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    It's called a PDA. The PDA does not shut off. Ever. You can turn the phone part off if you want but not the PDA part. Press the red briefly to turn off the screen and put it into sleep, but you can't completely power off the PDA portion.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4.    #4  
    So when the screen is off the battery is not sucking any juice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    So when the screen is off the battery is not sucking any juice?
    When the screen is off and the phone goes locked (Keyboard) it is in a semi-sleep mode (Standby mode) which still means it can receive calls and Notifications. Battery drain while sleeping is very little. The screen and GPRS & Bluetooth connections drain the most juice.
    It sucks some juice, but usually minimal. The only way to make sure it is not drawing any power is to take out the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    It's called a PDA. The PDA does not shut off. Ever. You can turn the phone part off if you want but not the PDA part. Press the red briefly to turn off the screen and put it into sleep, but you can't completely power off the PDA portion.
    Not true. I could shut off my KJAM to ensure that no battery juice would be used. With that feature you could save battery juice until such time that you really needed it (in a pinch of course).
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  8.    #8  
    Thanks, I'm just a Treo Newbie here with a 750 that I played with for a Grand total of 10 Minutes this afternoon.

The battery seemed to be fully charged right out of the box?
    Is this normal?
    If you bought a Cingular, yes.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Well, I didn't say all PDAs were like this. I am aware of many Windows PDAs that you could turn off. Personally I think that's weird, what's happens to your alarms?

But all PDAs and Treos made by Palm work this way. There is no complete off for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Not true. I could shut off my KJAM to ensure that no battery juice would be used. With that feature you could save battery juice until such time that you really needed it (in a pinch of course).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Isn't that nice of them?;-)