Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    If anyone has Bluetooth DUN working from a Mac while using the HSDPA hack, can you let me know which modem script you're using, or any other magic needed to restore DUN? After installing the HSDPA hack, my DUN connection worked once, hungup after a minute, and I can't get it to work at all now. I get a "modem error has occurred" message every time. I've tried multiple soft-resets on the phone, after bouncing the Bluetooth and phone radios a few times, and rebooted my computer as well, no dice.

    I had been using the "Treo 3G CID1" script with great success before the hack, I also tried reverting to the "Windows Mobile GSM" ones, all give me the same result. If I use HTweakC to disable the HSDPA, I can dial out over BT DUN again, but enabling it leaves me stranded.
  2. #2  
    That script wont do the trick. Attached are two scripts that work for me (Place in your Library\Modem Scripts).

    Each require different Configurations for the Bluetooth dialup settings:

    PICTURE 1: The Treo 3G script does not require a password and diff. info for Phone#. Attached are the scripts and screen shots of each setup.

    PICTURE 2: The iPaq scripts requires the username/password and phone# to work.

    Hope this helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, Interstink, but I'm a bit confused. The Treo 3G script you sent is identical to the Treo 3G CID1 script I had been trying. But I was using "WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM" for the account name (the same one you show in the iPaq script settings), not "WAP.CINGULARGPRS.COM" as shown here. Is that a typo in your settings, or does the Treo 3G script expect this odd account name?

    Which script do you use with the HSDPA hack, or do you have both working? When do you use one over the other?

    I haven't used this iPaq script before, so I'll give that a try.
  4. #4  
    Honestly I think the problem is the HSDPA hack. It's not a "hack" for nothing. I use the Windows GSM script with a MacBook Pro and the account name to "WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM" and it works (mostly). But I don't have the hack installed.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Honestly I think the problem is the HSDPA hack. It's not a "hack" for nothing. I use the Windows GSM script with a MacBook Pro and the account name to "WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM" and it works (mostly). But I don't have the hack installed.
    That was my suspicion as well, and I think it's proving to be the case. I was using the Treo 3G script very reliably before the hack, but with the hack I'm having lots of trouble with it. After a few more soft resets, it's back to intermittently working. The iPaq script seems to behave the same way with the hack activated.

    Thankfully, with the HTweakC util, it's easy enough to turn off the hack when using DUN, and turn it back on when checking email/web on the phone itself.

    So I suspect BT DUN over HSDPA is not to be relied on until a real update is provided by Palm/Cingular/Vodaphone.
  6. #6  
    Thats possible... but im not experiencing these issues at all.

    I just did a test last night and left connection on for over 2 hours, Tested it every 20 minutes or so, did a few large file downloads (2MB), no problems for 2 hours straight.

    NOTE: I dont use the HTweakC application. I just use the TWO setHSPDA files in respected folders to enable HSPDA.

Posting Permissions