1.    #1  
    Has anyone used the Blade SMS Threading Application?
    I have the Palm beta4 installed now, but wondering if I should try this. It would let me export the thread as html so that I can archive threads. I need to be able to see on the screen who sent what message and be able to archive these for legal purposes.
    any help would be great
    I have used this sms app from blade. first it requires net framework which really slowed down my phone. second, I think the app must be running in the backgroung for it to receive incoming sms's.

as for the second part of your question. I know there is a file that you can save that has all you threaded sms messages. the messages from beta 4. I don't remember which file right know , but i'm sure you could find it with a search, or someone else will post it here. as for editing this, or reading it on you pc? I don't know.
    Yeah, it would be nice if someone wrote a program to dump the \Windows\PalmMsgV001 file out to a text file for archiving. hmm.
  4.    #4  
    I would like to be able to archive the threads so that I can see who sent each message. not just a sent/ recieve arrows. Is that possible?
    This is why I am considering using the Blade Threader, cause I believe it shows the contact or number from which the texts were sent. I need to be able to print this, which I also think that the blade will allow me to do.

Saying that, I really like the palm threader beta4, it rocks. just a few kinks that I need to work out.

Do I really need to leave the blade running in the backround to recieve texts? Well that would make me think even harder.
    Yes you need to leave it running and from what I remember the texts end up both in the threaded app and in poutlook and they don't always end up in the threaded app.

So the PalmMsgV001 file has all of the threading info you need. It's just a simple matter of programming. I can look at the file in a hex editor to see if I can make any sense out of it, but no guarantee's.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    So the PalmMsgV001 file has all of the threading info you need. It's just a simple matter of programming. I can look at the file in a hex editor to see if I can make any sense out of it, but no guarantee's.
    Well if I have to leave the blade running it running then I dont want it.

PalmMsgV001 file? Am I missing something. I have the beta4 app installed.

also, I sent my wife a text last night and it was blank two times in a row. any fix for that. as I said, i have the beta4 installed.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yes you need to leave it running and from what I remember the texts end up both in the threaded app and in poutlook and they don't always end up in the threaded app.

Was there every any progress in decoding the palmmsgv001 file into something legible?