Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to sound harsh. But the point remains, true push does not rely on SMS. You can always force to GSM instead of UMTS (so I've read) and see if battery life improves.
    I will play with it some more to see what happens. So if I have it on as they are received which does work fine, I don't get charged text right?
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    I guess you didn't read what I said. We are running SP2, and I can have it sync automatically but it keeps a active connection because of the PING method.
    Pimpin, I dont see that you have mentioned SP2 here and your constant mention of text messages made me believe you are talking about the old SMS Direct Push work around. I run the constant connection and my battery doesnt drain fast unless the phone is required to sync more than usual (higher Exchange activity). Like I said I am glad this works for you...
  3.    #23  
    I just switched my phone into the newer Push mode AS they come in to see how the battery life is. It has been off the charger since 6:30am and the battery is now down too 80% since I have it check every 5 minutes with active sync. I will monitor the battery again since it is keeping a active connection. I disabled the program that disconnects it for now to see what happens.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    Try Start-->Settings-->System
    Yes it was there, thanks alot....
  5. sooby77's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    I will play with it some more to see what happens. So if I have it on as they are received which does work fine, I don't get charged text right?
    Yes. To be sure, you should not need a SMS address when you set up your push email account on your device. If it asked for it, then your exchange server does not support true push. Delete the account on your device and re-setup the account again and see what it does.
  6. sooby77's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    I had a issue with the cab file not working either. I just downloaded the actual .cpl file and copied it into the windows folder. Then I ran it from that folder and configured it exactly the way those screen shots are on the website. Once I did that, I did a soft-reset on the Treo and it works .
    .cpl file = control panel file. Look for it in the control panel (System control panel)
  7. burnsaa's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    #27  
    So it works for GPRS what about UMTS anyone have any feedback? I have my phone locked into UMTS due to the fact that I'm in a pretty good 3G area but I found that sometimes it would jump back and forth from G to U so I just locked it into U.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsaa View Post
    So it works for GPRS what about UMTS anyone have any feedback? I have my phone locked into UMTS due to the fact that I'm in a pretty good 3G area but I found that sometimes it would jump back and forth from G to U so I just locked it into U.
    According to this post: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...61&postcount=3

    It works for UTMS and HSDPA
  9.    #29  
    So far its been working good. Battery is going down a little faster it seems, but its okay so far. Tomorrow will be the real test. Since I have been using the phone a good amount today playing with it.

    A guy I know is connected to his office Exchange and he showed me his older Verizon slide phone (not sure the model but I think it was a Samsung) and his showed the text id information when he selected as you receive them. Is that a windows mobile older version issue or it recognizes the exchange server is not up to date ? Because his friend has a newer Q and it doesn't ask for it on that phone with that same exchange server.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    So far its been working good. Battery is going down a little faster it seems, but its okay so far. Tomorrow will be the real test. Since I have been using the phone a good amount today playing with it.

    A guy I know is connected to his office Exchange and he showed me his older Verizon slide phone (not sure the model but I think it was a Samsung) and his showed the text id information when he selected as you receive them. Is that a windows mobile older version issue or it recognizes the exchange server is not up to date ? Because his friend has a newer Q and it doesn't ask for it on that phone with that same exchange server.
    Yes, it is an older version that he is using (the Samsung slider). The Q originally required the text id info as well, but this was changed with a update by Microsoft in AKU 2.2 (I think that is the right version number). Any Qs sold before the AKU 2.2 update used the old method (text messages) for Activesync. The first firmware for the Q removed the need for this I believe (but I'm not sure; as I stopped using my Q before I ever installed the first Moto update).

    Hope that clears it up. Older version of WM5 that do not have the AKU 2.2 update will use SMS messages for syncing. 2.2 added the Direct Push capability. I'm sure someone will correct me if I got the AKU number wrong.

    Moppet52
  11.    #31  
    Out of curiosity, is there a update that would allow the older windows mobile devices to get the direct push ability like the newer ones? Just wondering.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there a update that would allow the older windows mobile devices to get the direct push ability like the newer ones? Just wondering.
    The update would be device specific. Try figuring out the model number of the Samsung (I believe it is the i730). If it is the i730, you would go here:
    http://www.windowsmobileunderground.com/?p=39

    I found it by putting Samsung sch-i730 aku update in google, and voila. You should be able to find it that way... or mosey on over to xda-developer as they usually have the scoop when these things are "released"

    Moppet52
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions