1.    #1  
    So this is a problem that's cropped up in the last couple of weeks or so...

Most of the time, when the phone gets a call, it will light up and the incoming call popup will show, but it will be blank for a few seconds not showing the phone number or the answer button. When the popup and answer button finally show, it only gives a few seconds before the call is forwarded to voicemail.

Also, when I'm on a call and I have another one ring through via call waiting, the phone never acknowledges it and never gives me the opportunity to switch calls. Luckily, if I'm on a Bluetooth headset, I can use that to switch, but I still don't know who's on the other line.

So anyone else experience this?
    I've experienced exactly this kind of thing, but I beta test several different types of software, so I always attributed this behavior to that kind of thing... it's good (not really GOOD, but you know what I mean) to hear that someone else is having the problem. It allows me to narrow it down, excluding certain pieces of software...
    END OF LINE
    Happens to me all the time. Also happens to my boss all the time.

No 3rd party software installed at all.

I'm so tired of this phone.

It does even stranger things than that. Sometimes when hitting the "power" button to bring it back on does nothing. Quite honestly for the price and everything this phone is horrible.

What makes it even worse is for some reason my street doesn't get reception. So for some reason when the Treo doesn't have reception for an extended period of time it makes it freak out even more. I have to reset it every day.
    This happens time to time on mine, and wouldn't be a suprise if it's a WM thing.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    i thought you guys said the phone aspect of this was pretty good? were you just leaving that part out and including it in the "not so good" part of "pretty good"?
    This doesn't happen that often, atleast on my case. I think it's all part of you can't always have what you want theory in life.

Love both
    think maybe a soft reset could solve the problem? at least temporarily? i plan to get this phone some time during the next 2 weeks, and i would like it to actually allow me to answer calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    This doesn't happen that often, atleast on my case. I think it's all part of you can't always have what you want theory in life.
    No, what I think you want to say is: I love my treo and I'll settle for less.

Having a phone answer a call should not be considered trying to get everything you want. I don't buy that...

So far my treo has not acted in such a way... lol... I hope it won't. If it does every now and again, I'll live with it...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    yeah, once in a while is no big deal, i mean you can always just call the person back, but if it is every call then i would be demanding a new phone or something
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    No, what I think you want to say is: I love my treo and I'll settle for less.

Having a phone answer a call should not be considered trying to get everything you want. I don't buy that...

So far my treo has not acted in such a way... lol... I hope it won't. If it does every now and again, I'll live with it...

Treo isn't just a phone though. If it was a just a phone, I wouldn't settle for less, but it does alot more than a phone is supposed to do and that's why many people just stick with treos and go through timely soft resets, and hard resets. Anyways, I haven't faced a life and death situation that would've caused the damage for me to curse out bugs those our treo has yet.

Love both
    one thing that made a big difference for me was to change the push email schedule from "as items arrive" to manual. I know that it should do both, buy ....

with this change I went from once a week to never. I really think this did the trick. it all depends which is more important to you.

1. receiving phone calls all the time. and having to manually retrieve email. or

2. instant email, but taking the chance that you may not be able to answer incoming calls the first time.

I love all that the treo can do. this bug seems to be on may wm phones. if you want a pda and phone in one, you will have bugs. pos or wm. neither are perfect.

cody
    Quote Originally Posted by adster View Post

Most of the time, when the phone gets a call, it will light up and the incoming call popup will show, but it will be blank for a few seconds not showing the phone number or the answer button. When the popup and answer button finally show, it only gives a few seconds before the call is forwarded to voicemail.

Also, when I'm on a call and I have another one ring through via call waiting, the phone never acknowledges it and never gives me the opportunity to switch calls. Luckily, if I'm on a Bluetooth headset, I can use that to switch, but I still don't know who's on the other line.

Its not like anyone ever calls you....
    Quote Originally Posted by adster View Post

I'm sleeping with your girlfriend! and yes, its getting serious.
    I think this is related to the problems raised here. I will be on a call (or in the process of making a call) and another call will come in - caller id works fine but I can't swap to the incoming call and frequently can't continue talking to the first call - so I now have two people wondering what the hell happened to me.

This seems like a relatively new issue - I have had the 700w for a year now and I remember the problem that you could not hang up on one call unless you hung up on both - but this is different. Now I can't answer the second call and my first call gets screwed up in the process of trying.

It sounds like several people are experiencing variations of this problem - has anyone found a solution? I soft reset every day so that is not a cure. Has anyone tried a hard reset?