Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Version 1.08 of OctroTalk is out. It now supports GoogleTalk along with all other major protocols (MSN/Y!/AIM/ICQ). It can be downloaded from:

http://www.octro.com/
    Support: support@octro.com

OctroTalk will remain free until Feb 28th, 2007. The pricing for OctroTalk will be announced soon.

PS: I know there is already a thread for OctroTalk in this forum. But, since I wasn't able to update the title to reflect MSN/Y!/AIM/ICQ, I have created a new thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by octro View Post
    Version 1.08 of OctroTalk is out. It now supports GoogleTalk along with all other major protocols (MSN/Y!/AIM/ICQ). It can be downloaded from:

OctroTalk will remain free until Feb 28th, 2007. The pricing for OctroTalk will be announced soon.

PS: I know there is already a thread for OctroTalk in this forum. But, since I wasn't able to update the title to reflect MSN/Y!/AIM/ICQ, I have created a new thread.
    Does that mean current users will have their accounts deactivated after the 28th? And how do I keep it logged in in the background, becuase when I go to open up my SMS and go back to octro it has to reconnect with the internet.
    this is all fine but what about us palm users?? we have limited options at this point
    Check in the PalmOS communications forum here at TC for PalmOS IM options.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by octro View Post

Octrotalk renders Gmail chat and Gmail useless with the chat enabled on a PC!
    Quote Originally Posted by sanskritg View Post
    Octrotalk renders Gmail chat and Gmail useless with the chat enabled on a PC!
    Try going to OctroTalk and to Options->Accounts->Legacy accounts. Disable the accounts MSN/Y!/AIM/ICQ accounts that you have configured, and that will revert your roster to its original format.
    You can send your problem to support@octro.com?
    OctroTalk has released new version 1.20. Release Notes (Window Mobile Smartphone & Pocket PC):
    1. Improvement in the VOIP quality for low bandwidth codec and reduction in the CPU usage.
    2. The issue of relaunch from Start menu or Program menu fixed.
    3. The file transfer is over the Bluetooth when you and your buddy are in a close range and both are using the Bluetooth.
    4. For Pocket PC: OctroTalk screen resizes to avoid overlap with the screen keyboard (SIP) of HTC Touch.