Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been websearching for ever, and finding this question asked many times, but never answered....

Is there anyone, ANYONE, out there who has successfully imported a new skin into WMP on a Treo 700w? Can it actually be done?

[PS - Please do not post a link to some "just copy the files to the Media Player folder" directions. I am looking to her from someone who has actually gotten this to work, if such a person exists....]
    Well, after messing with it all morning, I finally did. I tried to mimic what is going on with the default skins (the .skn file in \program files\windows media player point to a .skn file in \Windows).

I assume that the treo won't show any skins that don't have these values set to this in the .skn file:

Dimensions 240, 240
    Orientation Square

Once I took a 240x320 .skn and changed it to 240, 240 and changed the orientation to 'square', it now shows in the WMP skins list.

Hope this helps!
    spb has free skins for wmp

edited to add- yikes 600k for a skin.
    Last edited by littlewaywelt; 01/30/2007 at 03:19 PM.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I've done it on the wx. If you put it in the \Program Files\Windows Media Player directory, you can set the skin in the options under WMP (Options | Skins). I'm using the WMP11 - Square skin I found in a skin pack in the SBSH forums. It looks awesome!
    thanks kaiguy, got it!
    Last edited by doubleu; 01/30/2007 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I've done it on the wx. If you put it in the \Program Files\Windows Media Player directory, you can set the skin in the options under WMP (Options | Skins). I'm using the WMP11 - Square skin I found in a skin pack in the SBSH forums. It looks awesome!
    Could you please post those skins files here. Thanks!
    Here is the specific Vista skin file for WMP. Square theme included. Copy to the Windows Media Player directory under Program Files.

I got this skin from a full skin pack here
    Attached Files Attached Files
  8.    #8  
    Thank You!

This is the first to work of all the skins (even square ones) that I have tried! Maybe now I can figure out what the difference is between this working one and the non-working ones.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Here is the specific Vista skin file for WMP. Square theme included. Copy to the Windows Media Player directory under Program Files.

I got this skin from a full skin pack here
    Where do I UnZIP these files to? And do I copy all files inside this ZIP file to one directory?
    unzip on pc, it will create a new folder with all the files you need to copy. Select all of the files and drag them to \Program Files\Windows Media Player folder using ActiveSync Explore
  11. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Can it be done on the treo w/o using activesync if you have a program that will unzip files like Total Commander?
    I don't see why not. Resco can do it too. I just always assume users don't have either.
  13. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    When trying to install the main package of Windows Vista portable version,where should I copy the files to? I have Wisbar2.
    It looks great but I cannot get any of the buttons to function. (play etc.)?
    I get a error msg "can not copy thumbs access denied" Has anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    unzip on pc, it will create a new folder with all the files you need to copy. Select all of the files and drag them to \Program Files\Windows Media Player folder using ActiveSync Explore
    WMP looks very nice with WMP11 Skins.

more skins?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ovkind View Post
    I get a error msg "can not copy thumbs access denied" Has anyone else?
    I didn't copy that file and it seems to work fine.
    hey hannip i copied the 3 skn. files when i went to change the skin in media player it showed on 1 and that one was blank do i also need to copy the gif image to ?
    yes, copy all of the files except the thumbs file
    cool thanks again hannip...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast