Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I just purchased TomTom Navigator 6... It works GREAT on my 700w.

Then only problem i have found... is it starts up at the weirdest times!!??

It starts up somtimes when I start activesync... It ALWAYS starts up when I put in my SD card... It even starts up sometimes when my 700w is restarted?

I looked in the registry some, but couldn't come up with anything.

THANKS!
    Paul G
    <><
    It may have to do with how it was installed to your SD card--check to see if there's some sort of autorun file that's being executed for whatever reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsg63 View Post
    I just purchased TomTom Navigator 6... It works GREAT on my 700w.

Then only problem i have found... is it starts up at the weirdest times!!??

It starts up somtimes when I start activesync... It ALWAYS starts up when I put in my SD card... It even starts up sometimes when my 700w is restarted?

I looked in the registry some, but couldn't come up with anything.

THANKS!
    Paul G
    <><
    You've probably already figured this out, I'm responding so I'll find it when it happens to me again ;-)

On your SD card there is a folder named \2577 (not sure why, or if it's the same on every one), the TomTom autorun files are in there, rename them, problem salved. I was looking originally looking for an autorun in the root dir.
    in order to stop it from running make a new folder on your sd card called Autorun backup then place the folder named "2577" in the folder you created this will stop tomtom from trying to install every time you insert your card. as for tom tom Home starting when you plug your device in you cannot stop it this is a good thing because it will update your program when it is needed.
    Thanks for the info... TomTom is a wonderful app but it starting every time the card was inserted was starting to get annoying.

Thanks again!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    You will see a file that was created on your SD card called autorun.inf. Move it to autorun.inf.bak and it wont autostart any more.