Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    Old news for many, but wanted to post in an easy place to provide info to others:

6. Instant messaging on the 750 - fast, useable and addicting.
    Yeah, i love this feature too.

Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    The more I use my 750, the more I understand why most manufacturers gave up on Palm and went with WM5. Microsoft may not beat Google online, but they are pulling ahead in the linking of services to the mobile market.
    The more i use it, the less i understand why why Palm choose windows mobile. I mean my 750 can not even play music through my stereo bluetooth headset with the screen off, they advertise A2DP functionality, and my 650 have been playing music in the background for years, okay, not stereo bluetooth, but still in the background.
    Does anyone know of a free messenger app that does not use SMS?

Also, I downloaded that Virutal Earth app. It just seems like a much slower version of Windows Live Search. Same functions..., same maps.., just slower app with clunkier UI.
    Last edited by aquayonex; 03/17/2007 at 09:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me2 View Post
    My essential Treo Today apps to make the best use of 240x240:-

TodayAgenda (Free) - http://tiews.info/index.php?show=&lang=en
    Excellent compact mode replacing Calendar and Task plugins. Custom fonts. Auto height mode adjusts dynamically to free screen space.
    How can you make it adjusts dynamically to free screen space? I know calendar+ can do it but never find it in todayagenda. The "automatically" in layout doesn't work.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post

The more i use it, the less i understand why why Palm choose windows mobile. I mean my 750 can not even play music through my stereo bluetooth headset with the screen off, they advertise A2DP functionality, and my 650 have been playing music in the background for years, okay, not stereo bluetooth, but still in the background.
    How about mapping a key in WMP to toggle the screen off. That is what I do.

This is just Palm treo 750 problem and not the OS problem.

There are so many ways to bypass this problem. The simplest way is map a button (can reuse a button by assigning "holding" ) to toggle screen off in wm player.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Does anyone know of an audio player that plays .au sound files? I get my work voice mail sent to me in the .au format via E-mail. Worked fine to listen to them on my 650. Also works on Sony Ericsson P990i (Symbian) and Nokia E61 (Symbian). On the 750 it says that it's an unknown file format. No problem playing them on the Windows Mediaplayer on my PC.
    Regarding #3--the CAB file to remove the ATT and Bluetooth line: when I go the link I get a bunch of jibberish. Is that a CAB file? How do I "copy" it? Where do I "paste" it? Sorry for the noob question, but the CAB files I have installed so far (HSDPA hack, etc) were real files. Not sure what to do w/ this. If this link is broken, can someone post the real CAB file? I would love to get rid of that line from the today screen.
    thanks,
    d
  8. Me2
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts
    Looks like a duff web server not putting in the right headers. Try right clicking on the link and Save Target As (Or Save Link As in Firefox). Worked for me.
    Thanks Me2, that worked like a charm! Nice to free up some real estate!
    I just installed the hidelogo cab and noticed that when I use it, I can't display the date at the top of the Today screen.

Does anyone have a variation on this hack that let's you keep the date?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    I just installed the hidelogo cab and noticed that when I use it, I can't display the date at the top of the Today screen.

No, but you can use a program like Wisbar where the time and date are located on the top bar. It is a great program and lets you customize the way your phones looks.

There are clock apps like rlToday and SBSH Clock that you can download for free and use after you use the hidelogo .cab
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity

How about modifying the registry to show date/time in the windows taskbar?

Change the display of the clock in the taskbar

The clock in the taskbar can be changed to show not only the time, but also the date, or just the date, or nothing at all.
    To show nothing:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 0 (DWORD decimal)

To show just the clock:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 1 (DWORD decimal)

To show just the date:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 2 (DWORD decimal)

To show both the date and the clock:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\TBOpt = 3 (DWORD decimal)

Note 1: If you switch to the Analog clock display, the date will remain visible -through- the Analog clock
    Note 2: Setting the clock to show 'nothing' will still keep the reserved space, showing the taskbar background, and obscure any icons that will shift to the right.
    Note 3: Your date may get obscured by the space reserved for the OK/Close button in the top-right. You can fix this my adding spaces at the end of your 'Short Date Format'. See also the tweak on 'Change the Short Date Format'
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I changed the registry following this to show both the clock and date, but it did not work. It continues only to show the time, even after a soft reset.

edit: It shows the wrong date and the clock in 24 hour time.
    Last edited by maevro; 05/29/2007 at 11:29 PM.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
  14. yud
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    That would be perfect! However...
    TBOpt does not exist on my 750 under Shell. All I have is TaskBar.
    Do I need to add the TBOpt key? Or as a value under TaskBar?

Thanks!

Y.
    Treo 750 WM6 ROM (was 3 Australia, now vanilla) + 2GB miniSD
    Tungsten T3

no longer (thank goodness):
    Dopod 838 Pro
  15. wpy

Look for LVM Time in the XDA Dev forums. Its a free plugin to display time or date and is identical to the palm date plugin too. I use this with hidelogo... works perfectly for me.
  16. wpy

I think palm fixed this with the wm6 update. music keeps playing afte i press the power button to shut off the screen. before with wm5, it would completely stop playing.
    This program is free and has a free Windows client (http://keepass.info/) and a free PocketPC client (http://keepasssd.sourceforge.net/). All free. It rocks. All you have to do is set your database file up in your shared files folder (ActiveSync) and it syncs your desktop file when you sync. So you only have to modify all your entries on your PC, and then sync, to see the same entries on your Treo (or other PocketPC device).

Nobody mentions this program, because maybe they want you to buy one of the many password/serial programs out there, but this one is free, and feature-rich.

I did not write this software.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123