Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is yet another initial review based on one of SEIDIO's products, this time the 2400mah Extended Life Battery for the Treo 750. Thanks to David from Seidio for sending this out to me to review!

I won't be able to comment on battery life at all at this time as I just received the battery, but I can comment on the size, weight, and of course, the replacement battery door. Let's start with the size and weight.

Size and Weight
    The Seidio battery is probably 40% thicker than the OEM battery. It does have double the capacity of the stock battery as well, so the size is reasonable.

The Treo is noticeably thicker and heavier with the extended battery. However, the additional weight is not extremely noticeable. It is maybe .5-1oz heavier, if that. It feels like its about the same weight as my 8525 if anyone has one of those to guage. However, the extended battery does make the Treo noticeably thicker. This will make a difference to you if you usually carry your device in your pants pocket. However, if you're using a holster such as Seidio's 750 RUBBERIZED SPRING CLIP HOLSTER FOR UN-SKINNED TREO, then the size won't be much of a factor IMO. Another thing about the extra size is that it is easier to type with the Treo, it allows more of the device to "fit" in your hands as you type. I just got a text message writing this initial review, and I noticed this right away.

Fit and Finish
    Here's something that I'm sure many of you are interested in. I'm happy to report that color is a very close reproduction of the original Treo 750 paint. It's not 100%, but I would say a 90% match at least. It has the same texture as the original paint as well.

The fit of the battery door is also very good, but not 100% perfect. There are some VERY small gaps whereas the OEM battery door had almost none. However, once locked in, there is no wiggle and the door locks on tightly - you won't have to worry about the battery door (and subsequently the battery) falling off/out.

The extended battery from Seidio can be bought HERE from www.seidioonline.com for $49.95.

Here are some more general pics of the device, and as before, make sure to click on them if you want to see the full size. Please post any questions, comments, etc. here in this thread for myself or David from Seidio to answer. Thanks for reading my initial review! Stay tuned for a review of the battery life coming soon!

I'm adding these pictures that compare the Treo 750 with the Seidio Extended Life Battery to a Cingular 8525. I know that not all of you have a Hermes device to directly see what I'm talking about, but it isn't significantly thicker than the 8525. The contours of the Treo help hide the thickness in your pocket a little bit.

Last edited by gadgetluva; 01/28/2007 at 09:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm interested but would like to know if there is a leather or such case that fits over the Treo 750 with the new battery and battery door.
    If there is will the additional depth allow the phone to fit into the a charger cradle?
    In fact, without a leather or such case but with the new battery and door, will the phone fit into a charger cradle?
    Thanks for any input.

Ken
    That does not look very pretty.
    Just curious, have you signed on in any kind of official capacity with Seido?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I had the same question!

I actually received this battery/cover two days ago and have been testing it since. It does make the 750 substantially "larger" but I'd much rather have this then a separate battery. Battery life has been a bit mixed, but it definitely lasts longer. I've been getting my 750 set up and have struggled to find it comparable to my beloved 650. Once I get into some sort of a routine, I can get "real" numbers on how effective this battery is....

Advice to my other thread would be helpful! HERE
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kenrose1 View Post
    I'm interested but would like to know if there is a leather or such case that fits over the Treo 750 with the new battery and battery door.
    If there is will the additional depth allow the phone to fit into the a charger cradle?
    In fact, without a leather or such case but with the new battery and door, will the phone fit into a charger cradle?
    Thanks for any input.

Ken
    No, the Palm Cradle Kit and the Extended battery don't work together. There are some other 3rd Party cradles that will work though. However, the battery itself does charge nicely in the battery compartment in the cradle.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Not at all, I am wholly independent of Seidio. David sends me stuff, I review it
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by netdale View Post
    I had the same question!

I actually received this battery/cover two days ago and have been testing it since. It does make the 750 substantially "larger" but I'd much rather have this then a separate battery. Battery life has been a bit mixed, but it definitely lasts longer. I've been getting my 750 set up and have struggled to find it comparable to my beloved 650. Once I get into some sort of a routine, I can get "real" numbers on how effective this battery is....

Advice to my other thread would be helpful! HERE
    Sorry, I read your questions and since I haven't had a need to do any of that I don't even know where to start.

I'll likely go through a few charge cycles before I can really guage true performance, but the big test days will be Monday where I'll be at work for a while (lots to do) and then on Tuesday I'm out of town all day. I'll make sure to comment on Tues/Wed or so on how battery life is holding up.
    It's too big IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Nice that there's a real extended life battery for the 750 now, but I'm not buying another Seidio battery that requires a Seidio battery cover. They have problems making those.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's too big IMO.
    It's double the capacity of the 1200mah stock battery, but I know what you mean. Seidio is working on a higher capacity OEM-sized battery, bigger than its current 1300mah version.
    Doesn't that mean it can't go any higher than about 1500 or 1600 then? If we want to stay with a similar size, that is.

I just am not too enthused about the noticable hump the double size battery makes. I guess it'll be a sacrifice in battery life but I can live with the OEM batteries for the most part.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It's too big IMO.
    While we have packed a lot of power into one battery (doubles the capacity and the battery life), this extended battery only extends your Treo 750 by 4-5 mm! In fact, the extended battery cover will make holding your Treo 750 easier. your hand rests on the battery cover quite comfortably

We understand this extended battery is not for every Treo 750 user. However, for the users who need more battery life, it should be a great solution.
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 01/28/2007 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Nice that there's a real extended life battery for the 750 now, but I'm not buying another Seidio battery that requires a Seidio battery cover. They have problems making those.
    Hi Micheal,

The battery door for Treo 750 fits well and feels well.

Seidio
  15.    #15  
    Doesn't that mean it can't go any higher than about 1500 or 1600 then? If we want to stay with a similar size, that is.

I just am not too enthused about the noticable hump the double size battery makes. I guess it'll be a sacrifice in battery life but I can live with the OEM batteries for the most part.
    I'm not sure what type of capacity that Seidio will be able to cram into the same size battery as the OEM one, but there is a limit on battery technology as you know. Hopefully it can get to 1500+mah which will increase battery life by ~25%.

have you personally used the Treo 750 yet? Battery life usually lasts a full business day for me, but it does depend a lot on how much you actually use the device.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hi Micheal,

The battery door for Treo 750 fits well and feels well.

Seidio
    I will attest to that as I have stated in my review. Although it's not a perfect fit, it does fit very well and the color reproduction and feel is very similar to the Treo. The battery door does lock in securely and confidently as well.
    I wish it were 1600. I believe the OEM-size extended battery is 1300. About a 10% improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    While we have packed a lot of power into one battery (doubles the capacity and the battery life), this extended battery only extends your Treo 750 by 4-5 mm! In fact, the extended battery cover will make holding your Treo 750 easier. your hand rests on the battery cover quite comfortably

We understand this extended battery is not for every Treo 750 user. However, for the users who need more battery life, it should be a great solution.
    I personally still don't like the hump. Which is why I said "IMO". I never said no one else should try it. It's just not for me.

Another reason, the battery may not fit into 750 cases. Unless the case has a lot of give.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 01/28/2007 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I'm not sure what type of capacity that Seidio will be able to cram into the same size battery as the OEM one, but there is a limit on battery technology as you know. Hopefully it can get to 1500+mah which will increase battery life by ~25%.

have you personally used the Treo 750 yet? Battery life usually lasts a full business day for me, but it does depend a lot on how much you actually use the device.
    1500 or 1600 with a less noticable hump would be OK with me! They may have to make another battery door, but it won't be so obvious.

I'm looking into getting a 750 this week, instead of waiting til March.

I'll agree; the battery cover does fit extremely well. It doesn't have the foam block holding the battery in like the OEM, but that does make it as slim as possible and holds the battery firmly.

Dale
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast