Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I think I'm just going to get an extra normal battery and carry it with me in case of emergency when traveling. I just have to remember to charge the thing. But I supposet this is still good for some people that need the bigger battery throughout the day. I just can't deal with the size.
  2.    #42  
    I think that if Seidio can fit in 1500mah into the same battery size, then it'll have a home run. 1500mah is 25% more capacity, so it should definitely help many users. This will also give them the option of carrying 2 batteries as a spare if they don't make it to a charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    pimpin tl, I use orb with my media center tv pc to stream tv and vids
    Can you give me a link to information on this. Thanks.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    Can you give me a link to information on this. Thanks.
    www.google.com

haha/jk: www.orb.com
  5.    #45  
    Day 2

I used the extended battery on my business trip the other day when I was recruiting for some new hires. I was definitely a lighter day, but since I was away from a charger the entire day, I wanted to ensure I had enough battery life in case I did have something come up. I should also note that for a lot of the day, I was in a non-gsm area.

I spent about 45 min on the phone. Half in a 3G area, half in GSM. I also used Windows Live Seach for directions to get to a colleague's home. I probably got about 10 emails that day and some texts as well. Another 30-45min browsing the internet as well.

with this useage, I ended up w/86% battery life at the end of the day which was 14 hours later. If my prior useage told me anything, I would have been down to around 65% on my std battery. not enough to worry, but overnight it would have caused some issues. Next week I'm going to stress the battery a bit by keeping it off of the charger to see how many days it can last me. if it can go for 36 hours, i'll be very impressed. Look out for another report soon!
  6.    #46  
    I began my "stress testing" of the extended battery. I had a fully charged battery last night around 1am Central time, and I didn't charge overnight. I watched 30min of video from the miniSD card and had a couple of phone calls since then. At 1pm, I had 90% battery life. I'm going to charge overnight tonight so I can see how many business days the battery can last me. Stay tuned, I'll give an update tonight on how much battery life it has before I plug it in.
  7.    #47  
    I ended the day w/ 65% batery left. I was playing with my today screen for a couple of hours getting a picture just right. however, not too heavy w/ data or voice calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I began my "stress testing" of the extended battery. I had a fully charged battery last night around 1am Central time, and I didn't charge overnight. I watched 30min of video from the miniSD card and had a couple of phone calls since then. At 1pm, I had 90% battery life. I'm going to charge overnight tonight so I can see how many business days the battery can last me. Stay tuned, I'll give an update tonight on how much battery life it has before I plug it in.
    Can you stress it more by configuring your treo 750 to push(check email) every mintue?
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    Can you stress it more by configuring your treo 750 to push(check email) every mintue?
    Next time I use the Extended battery I'll give it a go.
    the reason being that i push 1 minutes as to "simulate" my old sidekick 3 pager.

I wonder if comcast can "push" any incoming emails instantly through instead of me setting up the treo750 to "push"(populate the comcast server) every minute?

Comcast users- sshare your wisdom!
    I would set up a forwarder on Comcast to go to 4smartphone.net (get a hosted exchange account for cheap.) I would say mail2web, but I'm giving up on them... the performance has gotten terrible and outages galore. I haven't tried 4smarphone.net.
    Then use MS activesync push. Then you have true push mail since your comcast mail will instantly forward.

Or get an IMAP account on fastmail.us and get Felexmail to do IMAP push.

I just started beta testing the latest client from seven.com and it rocks. It finally has true push. But I think you only get push with an exchange server. Push isn't possible with POP. It is with IMAP, but I don't think they support it yet. In any case seven's isn't available yet since it's in beta.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    mail2web has been excellent for me with the exception of the last few days (seems they are having some issues right now).
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    can everyone that has bought the extended battery chime in whith there experience? there has recently been a number of people have problems and i am trying to decide whether to get one.
    I bought mine and it came this week. So far this week, the SEDIDO 2800 mah has been amazing! Its much better and with me pushing emails every 2 minutes, I certainly need a good battery.
    Here are some concrete numbers. (edited for day 6 at bottom)

My treo 750 with push email every minute (today I switched to 2 mins)- with the OEM battery:
    630am-730am=94%
    730am-10:50am=51%

Next day:
    630-830am=80%
    830-930am=72%
    930-1130am=36%

(and so on)
    Depending on usage, I can average 10% loss per hour.

With the extended battery, I am getting this:
    630-945am=79% (this was the FIRST day after a full charge)
    945am-1130= 67% (a modest 14 to 20% improvement over average of OEM)
    1130-130pm=53% (compared to OEM, sometimes hitting 50% range around 11am to 1130 so an improvement of 2 hours (20%).

DAY TWO, after another full charge-
    630-930am 81%
    finally bottomed out at 50% (my cutoff for this test) at 49% at 230pm!! in other words, instead of bottoming out at 50% at 1130, it averaged 230pm, 3 hours later. (this was only with the second cycle of the battery which gets better with a 3-4 charge cycle)

DAY three:
    This was done while downloading 3 emails with attachments of 3.33 mb each!! so it was contiounsly in "receive mode" in the morning.
    630-930am= 83%
    930-1130=66% (and still downloading stuff)

Overall, I'm seeing the charge last longer and longer- even with me increasing my usage of the treo 750.

In 2-3 more days, it will have been fully synced (charged up)and I should see some additional boost.

In other words, No more having to charge my treo at work!!!

Hope this was informative to you who are curious.

EDITED: Day 6: to hit the bottom line (of which I refer to as 50%), it finally hit 50% at 250pm yesterday, and Day 7- with light usage than usual, it is projected to hit 50% at 3:!5pm. Not bad at all. Finally a whole day's work without having to charge at work.

EDITED2: After 2 weeks, with flexmail pushing, adjusted to every 2 minutes pushing- the battery now lasts till 430pm before hitting 50% on average. I won't be posting any more information- I just wanted to close this after having cycled the battery a few days for concrete numbers. Brightness the whole time was set at half by the way. Stays on 2 minutes without activity then lits off- I'm pleased as punch.
    Last edited by aslmentor; 05/03/2007 at 02:52 PM.
    thanks for your input. right now im trying to compare the seidio extended battery with the proporta 3300. i think i will be order the Proporta,
    OPTIMOGREEN
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123