Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I added some pictures comparing the Treo with the extended battery to the 8525 to the first post. Enjoy!
    Hate to say it, but these pretty much have made me decide 200% AGAINST 750 extended battery.

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/fil...o/IMG_0297.JPG

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/fil...o/IMG_0298.JPG

I want to maintain the slimline look of the 750, such as it is.

P.S. Just looked at the Vaja cases for the 750, there are 2 and I'm sure neither will fit with this battery. I'll defintely have to wait for another solution.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 01/28/2007 at 09:46 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Wow that battery bulge is a little unsightly...might need to got on the subway diet with Jerard...
    I am a real estate wholesaler, let me know how I can help you!!!
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!!
    Woody Properties, LLC
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Hate to say it, but these pretty much have made me decide 200% AGAINST 750 extended battery.

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/fil...o/IMG_0297.JPG

http://www.aww-kittah-aww.com/up/fil...o/IMG_0298.JPG

I want to maintain the slimline look of the 750, such as it is.

P.S. Just looked at the Vaja cases for the 750, there are 2 and I'm sure neither will fit with this battery. I'll defintely have to wait for another solution.
    I think that your first step is to actually get a Treo 750 and gauge battery life yourself before you decide you need an extended life battery. That's just me though

Regardless, there are mobile professionals that need a large battery and many that will take the trade-off. You won't be able to get 2400mah in the size of an OEM battery. There are also those that like you, want/need a regular size (or very slight hump) battery that extends battery life by 20-30%. And there are those that don't need a bigger capacity battery. That's what's great about the marketplace, there are various options.
    for me, anything bigger more unsightly doesn't work. the allure of the 750 for me was that it was slightly less heavy than its predecessor. a slightly larger battery without a hump would be a great option as well.

i sent mine back regardless (within 30day policy) as it still wasn't small enough for my needs.

i think many would buy a slightly larger capacity battery without requiring a change to the battery door.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I think that your first step is to actually get a Treo 750 and gauge battery life yourself before you decide you need an extended life battery. That's just me though I WILL need one due to hating to charge every day.

Regardless, there are mobile professionals that need a large battery and many that will take the trade-off. You won't be able to get 2400mah in the size of an OEM battery. There are also those that like you, want/need a regular size (or very slight hump) battery that extends battery life by 20-30%. And there are those that don't need a bigger capacity battery. That's what's great about the marketplace, there are various options. That's why I said it wasn't for ME. I never said no one else would do it. I hope that's not the impression you got. But if it is, then I apologize.
    I have decided to wait for a smaller extended battery, due to size. Or maybe I'll just get another OEM. Yes I have the 750 in hand and I know for sure now that I will not like that hump.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I have decided to wait for a smaller extended battery, due to size. Or maybe I'll just get another OEM. Yes I have the 750 in hand and I know for sure now that I will not like that hump.
    I personally don't see what the big deal is plugging in your phone overnight. Plug in your phone, go to bed. wake up, unplug, no need to worry about battery life.

But, it is personal preference. Hopefully, Seidio comes out with a bigger capacity battery in the same size shell for everyone's enjoyment
    Don't you know by now that I'm lazy?
    I don't charge any phone until it gets down to 20-30%. The exception is if I know I'll be out all day.

In my opinion, seidio should offer another version of the battery cover with no logo. I would like to see what they think your advertising their brand is worth in dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I personally don't see what the big deal is plugging in your phone overnight. Plug in your phone, go to bed. wake up, unplug, no need to worry about battery life.

But, it is personal preference. Hopefully, Seidio comes out with a bigger capacity battery in the same size shell for everyone's enjoyment
    Same here. Plug it in, and go to bed. Plus I have a charger in my car and at work so it's really not a big deal.

If I have to be out all day, I just make sure to plug it in before going to bed.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    In my opinion, seidio should offer another version of the battery cover with no logo. I would like to see what they think your advertising their brand is worth in dollars.
    Might as well tell car companies to stop putting their symbols on the hood/trunk, tell Cingular to take its brand off of the Treos it sell, tell Palm to get rid of its name on the Treo, tell Dell to stop shipping PCs, laptops, and monitors with its logo, tell Microsoft to take its name off of its products etc. etc.

See my point? Seidio has made the product, and if the company wants to brand it with its name, then that is its prerogative. EVERYTHING these days is branded - from notebooks to circuits that we never see to cars to chips. If a company is good at what it does, then it will generate more sales because people will know about the brand name - isn't that what business is about? Wouldn't YOU want your brand on your products?
  12.    #32  
    Day 1 Battery Life Report

I started my day @ 6:30am, which is when I unplugged my Treo and headed out the door. My general useage (I'm 99% covered by 3G service so I was always on 3G UMTS/HSDPA with the hack enabled) for today:

-Listened to music for about 1.5 hours total today over my BT Stereo Headphones
    -45 minutes worth of web browsing
    -20 minutes streaming TV and watching vids (nothing good was on)
    -10 or so emails sent/received
    -Few text messages
    -Few phone calls, total of about 15 min. worth
    -BT on all day
    -PIM useage all day

-At 10am, I had 91% battery life left. I usually have about 70% at that time.
    -At 6:30pm when I was on the train (off the charger for 12 hours) I had 80% battery life. I would normally have 40-50% battery life at this point with the standard battery
    -It is currently 10:30pm as I'm typing this. That is 16 hours without charging. My battery is at 60% right now. I normally have 20%-25% battery life around this time with my standard battery with similar useage.

So far, I can verify Seidio's claim that its extended battery extends battery life by about double. In the next few days, I'll try to torture my battery, which means streaming/watching 45min worth of video/tv in the morning + streaming/watching 1hr of video/tv on the ride home. This type of useage would bring me to less than 10% battery life by 7pm using the standard battery.
    What program do you use to watch TV on Gadget?
    Hey Seidio, I really do not want to increase my phone's bulk. I love your extended battery I purchased for my Treo 700w because it doesn't "show".

Is it possible to slim down the bulk of the extended battery for the 750? I'd settle for a lesser capacity. Ideally I'd like the additional bulk to be half as thick as what's shown in the pictures (looks to be 1/4 of an inch?).

I'd settle for 1/8 of an inch additional thickness compared to a regular 750.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliez View Post
    Hey Seidio, I really do not want to increase my phone's bulk. I love your extended battery I purchased for my Treo 700w because it doesn't "show".

Is it possible to slim down the bulk of the extended battery for the 750? I'd settle for a lesser capacity. Ideally I'd like the additional bulk to be half as thick as what's shown in the pictures (looks to be 1/4 of an inch?).

I'd settle for 1/8 of an inch additional thickness compared to a regular 750.
    Thank you for the inputs. I think it is a good idea. if you are also interested in this idea, pleases send email to Treo750@seidio.com or post here

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I second that idea. Additionally, any new extended battery products should come with accessories that matches it. What I mean by that is that there should be cases that would fit the new battery door etc. Then it would be an irresitable offer not to buy!
    I charge my Treo 750 each night. I use Audacity Personal Digital Voice Recorder for the Pocket PC, http://www.audacityaudio.com/ppcper.htm, for doing medical dictations all day long in my office. It is lunch and I am at 50% battery right now with the OEM 1200mAh battery for the Treo 750. I just ordered the Extended Life Battery for the Treo 750 this morning (before I read this thread), because I currently I have to swap batteries at lunch so I have enough power to get through the work day.

Conveniently, I will be able to come to work with the OEM 1200mAh battery and cover, switch to the 2400mAh battery and extended battery cover (which I will keep at the office charging overnight on the Seidio battery charger) then switch back when I leave for the day. The Treo 750 simply gets pulled in and out of my doctor’s lab jacket pocket all day long, so the added bulk is not big deal for me because I will be using the extended battery only when I am at work.

That said, I do hope Seidio is able to cram as many mAh’s as they can into the regular, thin battery for the Treo 750 in the future. I want the thinness of the Treo 750 but the battery-life of the Treo 650 with the 2400mAh battery, without having the extra thickness.

I am waiting for somebody to want a 3200mAh battery with extended door cover for the Treo 750.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Thank you for the inputs. I think it is a good idea. if you are also interested in this idea, pleases send email to Treo750@seidio.com or post here

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    I'd like to see this.
    I might go for 1/8 of an inch too. I understand it can't be double the capacity, that's fine.

20.    #40  
    pimpin tl, I use orb with my media center tv pc to stream tv and vids
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast