Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I read over the documentation PDF and did not notice a way to handle incoming caller ID numbers. Specifically, I was wanting to copy to the clipboard the incoming phone number. Is this possible using MortScript?

Or perhaps, is there a way to copy to clipboard a number from the incoming call log?
    What kinda phone?

Mine asks me after I complete the call if I want to save.. coudnt be easier.
    You can tap and hold on a number in the call log to add it to contacts.
  4.    #4  
    I have a Treo 700wx. I am not trying to add the incoming caller's phone number to my contacts. I am wanting to know if there is a way to use MortScript to COPY the incoming caller's phone number to the phone's clipboard so I can then direct the script to open PIE and go to a reverse phone number lookup site and PASTE the phone number into the search field.

Is this possible?

P.S. I have Pocket411 installed already but it uses a specific reverse lookup website that can't be changed. I want to write a script to drop off the phone number into a different site WITHOUT using Pocket411 and the required clunky .NET CP.
    phonenum = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Last Incoming Caller Number" )

SetClipText( phonenum )
  6.    #6  
    Thank you Hannip, that was what I was looking for. I find that it will be worth the effort to learn mortscript soley to develop this script.
    This is a quick one I tried with a specific reverse phone book URL.

Edit and modify as you see fit.

-- JDC

Code:
    # CallerID.mscr
    # 
    # Reads last caller info from registry and 
    # prompts user to lookup the number in a reverse phonebook
    #
    #
    # Rev 0, Initial Release 2/12/2007
    #
    # 
    #
    # JDCochran (Atlanta, GA)
    # jdcochran@hotmail.com

PhoneNum = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Last Incoming Caller Number" )
    CallerName = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Last Incoming Caller Name")
    SetClipText( PhoneNum )
    # Message("Last Incoming Call was from: ["& CallerName & "] " & "^LF^" &Number: [" & PhoneNum &"]")
    Answer = Question ("Last Incoming Call was from: ["& CallerName & "] " & "^LF^" &"Number: [" & PhoneNum &"]" & "^LF^" & "^LF^" &"Look Up Number in ReversePhoneBook?", "CallerID.mscr", "YesNoCancel")

If (Answer = 0)
    		Exit
    	EndIf

If (Answer = 2)
    		Exit
    	EndIf

If (Answer = 1)
    		If (WndExists("Internet Explorer"))
    			Close ("Internet Explorer")
    			Sleep (2000)
    		EndIf

Run( "\Windows\iexplore.exe", "http://www.whitepages.com/9901/reverse_phone" )
    	WaitForActive( "Internet Explorer", 10 )
    	Sleep (5000)
    	SendDown
    	SendDown
    	SendDown
    	Sleep (1000)
    #SendKeys( "Internet Explorer", PhoneNum)
    	SendCtrlKey( "v" )
    	SendCR

EndIf
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I challenge the more-adept programmers to tweak the CallerID.mscr

It has a few issues:

1) I can't finger out how to tell when a page is finished loading. Is there a registry entry that toggles when a page is completely loaded? If your web page doesn't load fast enough, this script won't run properly. Suggest tweaking the Sleep 5000 line to something more realistic to your average connection speeds for the time it takes to load the page you use as for reverse lookups.

2) If you disabled the factory setting for Internet Explorer Navigation, this script won't work, because the selection box is not selected with the SendDown commands. I changed mine similar to:

http://www.pocketpctweaks.com/pocket..._scroll_button

... until it interfered with this and another script that I wrote.

So, any industrious coders out there want to take a stab at making this script more universal?

-- JDC
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/13/2007 at 04:28 PM.
    hmm, I wonder if you can pass the field entries by parameter when calling iexplore with the url. Maybe you could trace the http request when you submit the form on that page and use that url with the parameters it uses. That would work much better. Sorry no time to try this myself. Very busy at work.
    So I had to take a break for dinner and I modified your script. Seems to work

Code:
    # CallerID.mscr
    # 
    # Reads last caller info from registry and 
    # prompts user to lookup the number in a reverse phonebook
    #
    #
    # Rev 0, Initial Release 2/12/2007
    #
    # 
    #
    # JDCochran (Atlanta, GA)
    # jdcochran@hotmail.com

PhoneNum = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Last Incoming Caller Number" )
    CallerName = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Last Incoming Caller Name")

Answer = Question ("Last Incoming Call was from: ["& CallerName & "] " & "^LF^" &"Number: [" & PhoneNum &"]" & "^LF^" & "^LF^" &"Look Up Number in ReversePhoneBook?", "CallerID.mscr", "YesNo")

If (Answer = 1)		
    	Run( "\Windows\iexplore.exe", "http://www.whitepages.com/0000/search/ReversePhone?phone=" & PhoneNum )
    EndIf
    Edit: cleaned it up a bit.
    Last edited by hannip; 02/13/2007 at 06:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Worked pretty well for me, too. Thanks guys!
    (And, I use PIEPlus as a PIE enhancement, and that didn't cause any problems.)
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Edit: cleaned it up a bit.
    Thanks, man. That was an eloquent solution.

Have you tried this hack?

RegWriteDword("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Navigation", "4-Way Nav", "0")

Default is 1. Setting to 0 seems to make my browser experience more smoother-ish.

-- JDC
    Does JDC's caller ID script go into the windows/startup?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Does JDC's caller ID script go into the windows/startup?
    No, you just run it manually or assign a button to it if you want. I put all of my scripts in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    No, you just run it manually or assign a button to it if you want. I put all of my scripts in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript folder.
    .. and of course, putting them here makes them Voice 'Command-able'...

"Start CallerID"

I'm really liking this script.

-- JDC
    do I use the zip file or is Hannips code the most current ?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    do I use the zip file or is Hannips code the most current ?
    Hannip's code is mostest current.

It's really a more eloquent solution.

Key features:

- No need to close PIE if running. The call to the .exe does not re-load another instance.

- pass the phone number search text directly to the web page with the URL string.

Here it is in .zip format for you.

-- JDC
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    One of my all-time favorite scripts no longer works. (Seems that whitepages.com changed their site around and messed us up.)

Anyone able to modify the script to work with the new website layout? (I tried to change the URL in the script, but wasn't able to have the number automatically inserted in the correct field.)

Here's an image of the current destination:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    One of my all-time favorite scripts no longer works. (Seems that whitepages.com changed their site around and messed us up.)

Anyone able to modify the script to work with the new website layout? (I tried to change the URL in the script, but wasn't able to have the number automatically inserted in the correct field.)

Here's an image of the current destination:
    Here's an untested attempt to fix the anonaly. I don't use Mortscript on my phone anymore (had to uninstall all apps to make the phone work like a phone).

Let me know if it works. If not, send screen shots of errors.

Regards,

-- JDC
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Hi JD! Didn't think you kept an eye on these threads anymore. Glad to see that you do.

I tried the new script, but it still didn't work right.

Here's the screen shot. (Looks like my other one, I think.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast