Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I still subscribe to a few threads. My obsession with Mortscript was replaced with a wedding, my other hobbies, and lots of volunteer work. I've also disabled my data connection to save $40/month for services I did not fully tap into.

Can you try various permutations of the the following line manually, typing it into your phone's browser...

"http://www.whitepages.com/search/ReversePhone?phone=***"

Note: *** = a valid land line number that is found in whitepages.com

Be leery of spaces and parentheses, if you continue to get errors.

Is it possible that your error message is related to a non-existent phone number?

Is is possible that the whitepages.com service detects the PDA and re-directs you to another site.

I tested the code above from a PC.

Someone else might want to troubleshoot this on their PDA.

-- JDC
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Hi JD-

I tried typing the URL above with my own home landline number. Same problem as before. I think you may be right that it's recognizing and redirecting PIE to the mobile version of the site, without entering the phone number selected. (m.whitepages.com)

Definitely can relate to those other things that you're spending your time and money on aside from these addictive little buggers.

- Andrew
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Hi JD-

I tried typing the URL above with my own home landline number. Same problem as before. I think you may be right that it's recognizing and redirecting PIE to the mobile version of the site, without entering the phone number selected. (m.whitepages.com)

Definitely can relate to those other things that you're spending your time and money on aside from these addictive little buggers.

- Andrew
    Andrew - try to tweak/toggle the registry settings to disable the auto broadcasting of the PDA identity before passing the URL to PIE. I don't remember which registry setting that is, but I'm sure it's on this forum somewhere. -- JDC
    Wow, blast from the past, hey JD hope things are well with you! We miss your particular brand of humor around here.

Andrew if you don't want to tweak your browser user-agent registry entries (which messes up autodetection for other mobile sites), you can try this version. It sends the whitepages request through Google mobilizer which masks the user-agent. The output looks different, but it seems to work...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Really? My brand of humor has landed me in jail.

Seriously, I'm still out here, but my obsessions have been directed elsewhere. Waiting for Verizon to support the i-phone.

Your solution is eloquent. Thanks for that.

-- JDC
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Hi zbop and jd.

JD, just FYI, instead of making the reg changes myself, I use Tweaks2K2 and had PIE identify itself as IE6. But, it didn't work.
    (Sorry I didn't get the chance to post yesterday.)

zbop, I'll be trying your script now.

Thank you both for your help!

JD, if you wind up in jail again, give me a call. I am a criminal defense attorney in my day job. (Even went to school down in Atlanta, so have a few connections there.)
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    zbop-

Works great!! Thanks.

-- Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Hi zbop and jd.

JD, if you wind up in jail again, give me a call. I am a criminal defense attorney in my day job. (Even went to school down in Atlanta, so have a few connections there.)
    Johnny Cochran could not possibly get a fair trial in Georgia... even dead... even with a good lawyer.

-- JDC
    Wow, they let *anyone* back in here. lol

Hi jd, good to see you are still alive.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12