Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1.    #1  
    I just received the Holster for skinned Treo 750s from David @ Seidio, and in similar fashion to my thread on the Hybrid Super Slim Crystal Clear/Soft Touch case, I'll be posting my initial thoughts on this holster. Of course, many pics will follow! Thanks again to David for giving me the opportunity to review these wonderful accessories!

    Now, before I post any of my initial thoughts, please keep in mind that this holster will NOT work with a "naked" Treo 750 because it has been designed to work in conjunction with a skinned Treo!

    Ok, on to my review-at-a-glance as it were. Once I got the holster out of the box, I looked it over and noticed that the holster has not one, but TWO spring clips on it. The first is the obvious clip that secures the holster to your belt, pants, or pocket, wherever you decide to place your personal life saver (er, PDAphone). The second is on top of the device that secures the Treo from falling out. The following two paragraphs will detail these two clips.

    The Belt Clip
    The belt clip has 7 different LOCKING positions and has 180 degree rotation (so your Treo should never be upside down). The belt clip locks with assurance that the holster will stay in the position you want it to until you manually want to change it. The lock is very secure and won't allow your device to swing around freely. The actual spring is also very tight, giving me the impression that it will last a long time.



    The Device Clip
    The device clip at the top of the holster is great as it allows you to effortlessly insert the Treo into the holster, but it does not allow the Treo to fall out until you lift up on the clip to release the Treo. The spring here is necessarily looser than that of the belt clip to allow easier removal of the Treo since the user will undoubtedly remove the Treo from the holster many more times than removing the holster from his belt. I shook the holster with the Treo inside and the device stayed secure. One thing that I immediately noticed is that one-handed removal is very easy as long as the holster is in a "landscape" position. Users that like to have the device in a "portrait" position will have to practice a bit to remove it, or they could simply swing it into landscape mode to remove it.



    MiniSD Holder and Interior of the Holster
    The miniSD holster is just a great way of storing an extra miniSD or just the SD adapter as it stays out of the way. For those users afraid that the miniSD will scratch the screen - there is about 1/2 a centimeter of distance between the miniSD and the Treo itself, meaning that the screen never really comes into direct contact with anything while safely secured. Very good design.

    The interior of the device has a soft cloth material to protect your Treo from getting scratched. There is no cloth around the area with the miniSD card, but that is perfectly fine as nothing on the Treo comes into contact with it at that point - not even the sides of the Treo. Otherwise, any area that the face of the Treo comes into actual contact with is protected by the soft material. Once again, great thinking by Seidio. One thing that I would like to see on future versions is having that soft material on the inside of the device clip to prevent any scratching on the top of the Treo. I haven't seen any scratch marks developing on my Super Slim Hybrid case, so maybe in their testing, Seidio decided the material was unnecessary. Time will tell on this front.



    Using the Holster
    The holster is designed to hold the Treo screen-in to protect not only the exposed screen, but also the exposed keyboard on the Treo. The Treo does not fit in screen facing out.

    Inserting the Treo into the holster is a efficient and effective process - put the Treo into the holster bottom first, then just push it in. That's it! One quick wiggle ensures that the Treo is snug and secure, and off you go!

    One thing that I immediately noticed is that one-handed removal is very easy as long as the holster is in a "landscape" position. Users that like to have the device in a "portrait" position will have to practice a bit to remove it, or they could simply swing it into landscape mode to remove it.

    The HOLD 'N STORE CRYSTAL/RUBBERIZED CASE HOLSTER for the Treo 750 can be purchased HERE for $29.95. A bundled option with one of three Super Slim cases can be purchased HERE as well, and you have 3 different combinations to choose from.

    Here are some extra pictures I took of the Holster! Please feel free to ask any questions directed toward me or David from Seidio. Thanks for reading my initial review, and enjoy the rest of the pictures!

    (Click to view a larger image)
    Last edited by gadgetluva; 01/27/2007 at 06:12 PM.
  2. #2  
    Great review Gadget! Thanks for the very comprehensive write-up and pics!

    One question, I assume by "landscape" you mean the case is in a horizontal position rather than vertical? Using one hand, how does one remove the Treo?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  3.    #3  
    Thanks JGold! Glad I could help.

    Right, landscape = horizontal, portrait = vertical. I pull the Treo out by putting my hand around the Treo, fingers on the bottom, and use the thumb to release it. It's hard to explain, but it is very intuitive, fast, and safe method of removing it.

    I also just found that it's easier to remove it using my index finger - hold the bottom (or side of the device when in horizontal mode) with my 3 other fingers, grasp the top (or other side) with my thumb, and flip open the clip to release the phone. This actually works much better.
    Last edited by gadgetluva; 01/27/2007 at 11:29 PM.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Thanks JGold! Glad I could help.

    Right, landscape = horizontal, portrait = vertical. I pull the Treo out by putting my hand around the Treo, fingers on the bottom, and use the thumb to release it. It's hard to explain, but it is very intuitive, fast, and safe method of removing it.
    That's what I was thinking! I'll be getting my skin/holster combo soon.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    That's what I was thinking! I'll be getting my skin/holster combo soon.
    I like the holster, but I haven't been able to use it extensively yet. But of all the holsters I've used, this one is by far the highest quality one. Lots of small things that Seidio thought of that makes everything work better.

    I also just posted an initial review on the extended battery. Seidio's been keeping me busy.
  6. #6  
    I dont need the SD card slot, but nice touch on this case. I wonder why I haven't received my Combo Rubber Case/holster yet. Its been 6 days... for $9.00 shipping, it should come in two or three! Im not that impatient, just want it yesterday!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    I dont need the SD card slot, but nice touch on this case. I wonder why I haven't received my Combo Rubber Case/holster yet. Its been 6 days... for $9.00 shipping, it should come in two or three! Im not that impatient, just want it yesterday!
    Waiting for mine too. Status still says "In Progress". Placed the order 5 days ago.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Waiting for mine too. Status still says "In Progress". Placed the order 5 days ago.
    Interesting. I think David should be around the forums tomorrow or so and I'm sure he'll be able to figure out the situation.
  9. holmes4's Avatar
    Posts
    982 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #9  
    When I called Seidio on Thursday I was told that the holster was out of stock but that shipments were to resume on Monday (they had received the new holsters from the manufacturer that day).
  10. #10  
    Sorry for the delays. We might not have received as many cases as we did orders. I would suggest giving Margaret a call in the morning to check on the status. She is our Customer Service Manager and can be reached at 832-204-1118.

    Thanks
  11. #11  
    I am a pretty big Seidio fan. Almost everything I have purchased from them has been great. This new holster looks to be great, too. And I appreciate that they frequent the forums to sell/help their customers.

    With that being said...

    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Sorry for the delays. We might not have received as many cases as we did orders.
    I cannot understand how established companies can sell you things off of their web site that they should know are out of stock. I can understand a discrepency of one or two. But apparently a lot of us are waiting for cases that are not in stock. When I ordered my holster it said "In stock...shipping now". It didn't say "Pre-order yours now". It is so easy in this day and age to build a commerce web site that is linked to a backend database system that controls inventory. If the item is out of stock or in short supply, say so on the web site!!! (And as I post this, the Seidio site still says these holsters are "In Stock" and "Shipping Now").

    One other thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    I would suggest giving Margaret a call in the morning to check on the status. Thanks
    Actually, I would suggest Margaret give US a phone call in the morning (or at least an email) to tell us that the item we ordered is delayed. And give me an ETA on it so I won't check my front porch every 30 minutes waiting for the FedEx Express package to arrive (and don't even get me started on the fact that I paid for rush shipping)!

    The first gripe is about common sense. The second one is about common courtesy. Everytime a new Seidio product comes out you guys are quick to post your "advertisements" on all the major forums and follow up with posts on the features of said products. I just wish you would put that same amount of effort into your web technology and your customer service after the sale.

    I know it sounds like I'm ticked off. Actually, not so much. But c'mon, someone has got to say it.
    Last edited by conekkted; 01/29/2007 at 12:24 AM.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    I am a pretty big Seidio fan. Almost everything I have purchased from them has been great. This new holster looks to be great, too. And I appreciate that they frequent the forums to sell/help their customers.

    With that being said...


    I cannot understand how established companies can sell you things off of their web site that they should know are out of stock. I can understand a discrepency of one or two. But apparently a lot of us are waiting for cases that are not in stock. When I ordered my holster it said "In stock...shipping now". It didn't say "Pre-order yours now". It is so easy in this day and age to build a commerce web site that is linked to a backend database system that controls inventory. If the item is out of stock or in short supply, say so on the web site!!! (And as I post this, the Seidio site still says these holsters are "In Stock" and "Shipping Now").

    One other thing...

    Actually, I would suggest Margaret give US a phone call in the morning (or at least an email) to tell us that the item we ordered is delayed. And give me an ETA on it so I won't check my front porch every 30 minutes waiting for the FedEx Express package to arrive (and don't even get me started on the fact that I paid for rush shipping)!

    The first gripe is about common sense. The second one is about common courtesy. Everytime a new Seidio product comes out you guys are quick to post your "advertisements" on all the major forums and follow up with posts on the features of said products. I just wish you would put that same amount of effort into your web technology and your customer service after the sale.

    I know it sounds like I'm ticked off. Actually, not so much. But c'mon, someone has got to say it.
    Bravo! I wholeheartedly agree!

    I believe our on-line status should be updated with accurate info as to when our orders will be shipped. I placed my order with an understanding that the item was "In Stock". If indeed my order was placed and it was not in stock then I have a legitimate gripe.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  13. #13  
    It does seem Seidio is a bit slow with order processing and shipments. On that note, does it matter that much? If this was mission critical items I would be more concerned (ie. Server hardware etc.) They may want to offer a RUSH processing option for an additional charge for those who need there product NEXT day or sooner. At least this gave me some time to cancel my order and reorder with other options and accessories. So I guess another week or more of waiting, but in the end we all will get a fabulous product!

    I wonder... Are these products (Cases, Holster, Cables) in fact made/designed by Seidio? ...Or are they offered by some other company and branded for Seidio?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    It does seem Seidio is a bit slow with order processing and shipments. On that note, does it matter that much? If this was mission critical items I would be more concerned (ie. Server hardware etc.) They may want to offer a RUSH processing option for an additional charge for those who need there product NEXT day or sooner. At least this gave me some time to cancel my order and reorder with other options and accessories. So I guess another week or more of waiting, but in the end we all will get a fabulous product!

    I wonder... Are these products (Cases, Holster, Cables) in fact made/designed by Seidio? ...Or are they offered by some other company and branded for Seidio?
    Usually not a big deal, and in this case (no pun intended), it's not. Just the point that the product was listed as "in stock" when I clicked "order".
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Usually not a big deal, and in this case (no pun intended), it's not. Just the point that the product was listed as "in stock" when I clicked "order".
    I agree, everything is listed In Stock and shipping. I think it would be nice to simply receive a notice about expected Ship date or that this item is backordered and they expect them back in stock in X days/weeks. Im that would result in canceled orders by some...
  16. sooby77's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    #16  
    When I purchased the Seidio RBT-2010 Bluetooth GPS receiver, I wasn't thrilled about the customer service either. They never update you on the status of your order, or tell you your tracking number. I had to call to find that out. In this day and age, it just does not project a good customer service.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    It does seem Seidio is a bit slow with order processing and shipments. On that note, does it matter that much? If this was mission critical items I would be more concerned (ie. Server hardware etc.) They may want to offer a RUSH processing option for an additional charge for those who need there product NEXT day or sooner. At least this gave me some time to cancel my order and reorder with other options and accessories. So I guess another week or more of waiting, but in the end we all will get a fabulous product!

    I wonder... Are these products (Cases, Holster, Cables) in fact made/designed by Seidio? ...Or are they offered by some other company and branded for Seidio?
    The answer to your question is yes. With the exception of a couple of products we do in fact design and manufacture every product you see on our site.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    I agree, everything is listed In Stock and shipping. I think it would be nice to simply receive a notice about expected Ship date or that this item is backordered and they expect them back in stock in X days/weeks. Im that would result in canceled orders by some...
    We completely understand your frustration and are trying to update some of our processes. We've actually grown very quickly over the last few years but still have some older systems in place. This causes manual procedures that we're hoping will become automated in the future. I don't have anything to do with customer service which is why I usually post here to contact Margaret. She knows our systems and can make things happen quicker than using our email system. Customer Service is very important to us and we are striving to make it better.
  19. #19  
    Well to make my gripe as well. I spoke to different people in your customer service and they stated that my products shipped out on last Thursday and I would recieve them Monday. Well come Monday and still no product, so I called customer service and now they tell me that my products actually would ship out today. Who am I to believe now. What makes me mad that I placed my original order on the 19th of Jan and it's only shipping now without any update. Also David I did send you a PM as well for your help but no reply.

    So in my book great products but poor customer service!

    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    We completely understand your frustration and are trying to update some of our processes. We've actually grown very quickly over the last few years but still have some older systems in place. This causes manual procedures that we're hoping will become automated in the future. I don't have anything to do with customer service which is why I usually post here to contact Margaret. She knows our systems and can make things happen quicker than using our email system. Customer Service is very important to us and we are striving to make it better.
  20. #20  
    Kudos to Dave for always responding...even when under fire

    Get in there and kick a little customer service ****, Dave. But hey, they are great products.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions