1.    #1  
    Could someone please tell me what's the difference between these two devices.

Thank You,

Matt
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    The 700wx has more memory.
    I didn't know the difference either. its along story but I had both last week but returned the 700w because theres a big difference in performance IMO. the W has 32mb of ram and the wx has 64mb. or something like that. at times when I had a few programs open I'd only have like 5mb available on the 700w. get the 700wx if you can. other than that they are pretty much the same.
    Besides the memory, the w is Verizon only and the wx is currently Sprint and Alltell
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I think Verizon is getting the wx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    I think Verizon is getting the wx.
    I highly doubt it. If Verizon is getting the wx, why would it take so long? The Sprint wx came out in August of last year (I think), and it's been almost 5 months since its release on Sprint. If Verizon is going to get a new WM Treo, it's probably going to be an EvDO Revision A device, which will take Palm a while to get out. Otherwise, I'm sure all they'd need to do is modify the ROM on the wx for Verizon (or perhaps even just put more RAM in their W units and start calling them wx's) and they'd be ready to go (at least from my uneducated understanding).

As far as Palm and Verizon are concerned, they don't even want you to know the difference between the w and wx (which is a HUGE difference), hence why we have threads like this one. If Palm and/or Verizon comes out and says "Yea, the w has half the amount of RAM the WX has", they're going to look bad, and people are going to be much less likely to buy 700w's.
    Sucks vs Doesnt Suck
    Quote Originally Posted by brothermike View Post
    Sucks vs Doesnt Suck
    I know you are being a little funny, but just to clarify:

I have had the 700w since inception in January 2006. It does NOT suck. It could be better. I had to do a little memory management to compensate for the lack of 64MB RAM, but it is still a darn good device.

I would say it is really

pretty good phone vs. better phone
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    I highly doubt it. If Verizon is getting the wx, why would it take so long? The Sprint wx came out in August of last year (I think), and it's been almost 5 months since its release on Sprint. If Verizon is going to get a new WM Treo, it's probably going to be an EvDO Revision A device, which will take Palm a while to get out. Otherwise, I'm sure all they'd need to do is modify the ROM on the wx for Verizon (or perhaps even just put more RAM in their W units and start calling them wx's) and they'd be ready to go (at least from my uneducated understanding).

As far as Palm and Verizon are concerned, they don't even want you to know the difference between the w and wx (which is a HUGE difference), hence why we have threads like this one. If Palm and/or Verizon comes out and says "Yea, the w has half the amount of RAM the WX has", they're going to look bad, and people are going to be much less likely to buy 700w's.
    Sprint holds the selling rights from verzion for 6 months after there release.
    WX...Qualcomm MSM6500 chips not going to cut it so count the rom update out on rev A
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    I know you are being a little funny, but just to clarify:

I have had the 700w since inception in January 2006. It does NOT suck. It could be better. I had to do a little memory management to compensate for the lack of 64MB RAM, but it is still a darn good device.

I would say it is really

pretty good phone vs. better phone
    Let me say we are all entitled to our opinion. That now being out of the way, I too have had my 700w since january of 2006 Kimosabe. The best example I can give would be the difference between a toyota avalon and a Lexus Gs300 if you have never owned or played with a wx, the w would be ok. OP, just do some searching in the forums about 700w, then look for the same issues under 700wx.
    Another feature of the Verizon W is that you also get to pay a lot more for the service.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Another feature of the Verizon W is that you also get to pay a lot more for the service.
    What? You mean Verizon's 700w may be crippled but on the other hand it's vastly more expensive?

Where do I buy? (He said, 700wx in FedEx due two days from now).