Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just in case anyone was looking for a good one-handed PIM to use with their 750, check out Agenda One by Developer One.

I am a registered owner of Pocket Informant, used to use Agendus on 650 and wanted an improvement. Informant is a bear to use on the 750 - bloated, requires stylus, not intuitive for one-hand use.

Installed - and bought - Agenda One today. ($24.95 on Brighthand - $29.95 other places). It is a very clean UI, well thought out for one-handed keyboard use, very customizeable throughout for views and the way it acts.

Love being able to hot-key right into my preferred view, select new appt and one-handed add a contact into a subject or location. Views are very clean and fast - great combo with the 750. I ditched Informant quickly.
    Jer 23:29
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I didnt like Agenda One because it displayed that Logo page everytime I started the program. I need something that boots up quick and goes directly to the week view.

Anyone try Agendus yet? Its in Beta. Perfect on Palm oS.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    I didnt like Agenda One because it displayed that Logo page everytime I started the program. I need something that boots up quick and goes directly to the week view.

Anyone try Agendus yet? Its in Beta. Perfect on Palm oS.

I agree with you on the Splash screen - has been suggested to developers to eliminate. Product is still in version 1.0 so I suspect that will be addressed.

Agendus is still VERY buggy on WM5. And like other PIMs goes overboard IMHO - I want something that works with one hand, fast. And except for the splash screen, Agenda One is doing that for me so far.
    I bought Agenda One after buying PI. I've never even looked at PI since. I think Agenda One is the best out there for WM5 currently.

And if you use the Vodaphone theme, I made an Agenda One theme to match it. Look on their site for the Business Treo theme.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    I agree with you on the Splash screen - has been suggested to developers to eliminate. Product is still in version 1.0 so I suspect that will be addressed.

Agendus is still VERY buggy on WM5. And like other PIMs goes overboard IMHO - I want something that works with one hand, fast. And except for the splash screen, Agenda One is doing that for me so far.
    I agree; A1 is perfectly simple and quick, given that the (splash?) screen is deep-sixed.
    Ditto - I tried Pocket Outlook briefly, was sorely disappointed (with both the email and calendar functions), tried Pocket Informant, got annoyed with the slowness and the need to pull out my stylus for various things, tried Agenda One, and stuck with it.

Thanks for the Business Treo theme, Brian. Looks nice.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I also have ditched PI for A1. And, the splash screen time CAN be reduced. (Unfortunately, not eminated yet, though.)
    Just copy the agendaone.dat file from your Agenda One folder on the Treo onto your desktop, and change the numeric value with Notepad from 1500 to something shorter . (I use either 000 or 100) I think 1500 is 1.5 seconds. It does shorten the time to a more tolerable amount.
    You can also use this method to add more custom phrases, words, to the various appointment details fields.
    Just to be safe, make a copy of the unedited one in case you delete something you later want.
    After 5 years of using Pocket Informant on each device that I have owned, I have finally ditched it for Agenda One. Why the change, you ask? The one hand adeptness of the Treo has really exposed an ugly truth about PI - that it was never really designed for one handed use. Back in the days of the tried-and-true PDA, PI reigned supreme. Now with devices exclusively made for better one handed use, PI just gets in the way.

I have moved over to Agenda One. Most certainly a better one-handed solution. Agenda One's feature set may not have all the bells and whistles of PI, but it most certainly does the job. Even better, the latest beta of Pocket Breeze now works seemlessly with Agenda One.

Agenda One is a much ligher application both from a resource perspective. During the time that I have used it, AO seems to perform much quicker than PI ever did on my Treo. I suggest if your are looking for something more than the standard PIM stuff and don't want to go with a heavy hitter such as PI or Developer One's other PIM software, Agenda Fusion then check out Agenda One.

So far it's been a one-handed marvel!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    I also have ditched PI for A1. And, the splash screen time CAN be reduced. (Unfortunately, not eminated yet, though.)
    Just copy the agendaone.dat file from your Agenda One folder on the Treo onto your desktop, and change the numeric value with Notepad from 1500 to something shorter . (I use either 000 or 100) I think 1500 is 1.5 seconds. It does shorten the time to a more tolerable amount.
    You can also use this method to add more custom phrases, words, to the various appointment details fields.
    Just to be safe, make a copy of the unedited one in case you delete something you later want.
    Great tip - thanks!
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    After 5 years of using Pocket Informant on each device that I have owned, I have finally ditched it for Agenda One. Why the change, you ask? The one hand adeptness of the Treo has really exposed an ugly truth about PI - that it was never really designed for one handed use. Back in the days of the tried-and-true PDA, PI reigned supreme. Now with devices exclusively made for better one handed use, PI just gets in the way.

I have moved over to Agenda One. Most certainly a better one-handed solution. Agenda One's feature set may not have all the bells and whistles of PI, but it most certainly does the job. Even better, the latest beta of Pocket Breeze now works seemlessly with Agenda One.

Agenda One is a much ligher application both from a resource perspective. During the time that I have used it, AO seems to perform much quicker than PI ever did on my Treo. I suggest if your are looking for something more than the standard PIM stuff and don't want to go with a heavy hitter such as PI or Developer One's other PIM software, Agenda Fusion then check out Agenda One.

So far it's been a one-handed marvel!
    I agree 100%! Since I moved to a Treo from regular PPCs (Dell Axim X5, X3i X50v, and the Cingular 8125), I have come a point where I must have a totally (or near totally) one-handed capable app.

A1 is really well done on this front. And, the features it has are really the ones I need most.

I know Alex at WebIS has decided that for him, a PI light doesn't make sense. But, I really think that's a mistake, as DeveloperOne is finding out with such a big seller as A1 has become. (The fact that it works for SmartPhones and PPCs is another really smart feature of A1, too.)
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    Great tip - thanks!
    You're welcome. But, I can't take credit. Saw them on the support forums at the DeveloperOne site.
    I am a happy Agenda One user starting with the Motorola Q Smartphone and now the Treo 750v.

Agenda One is just damn smart. Product updates from the device, this rocks. Quick and easy. One handed use is great.

Even the add attendees is thought out better than any others, less steps. Great layouts for tasks and appointments.

Regards
    graylion
    I like Agenda One a lot, dont get me wrong... I have had some issues with it locking up the treo. Try hitting the D-pad button when the splash screen loads, close the program and keep trying it.

Also just open and EXIT the program a few times, seems to have a memory leak or doesnt release memory from device after it closes.

I do like how simple it is, maybe its to simple for the price tag. PI offers A LOT more for not much more $$.

I know, its a 1.0 release - hope it gets better without adding to much bloat!
    Thank you for highlighting Agenda One. PI is not Treo friendly. Regret paying $$$ for PI. Will give Agenda One a try.
    I use PocketBreeze and I haven't had the need/desire to get a more full-fledged PIM replacement.
    OK OK... After further review of Agenda One, I like it. Seems some of the bugs were on previous builds and this latest build seems MUCH better. I do wish I could display contact First,Last. Anyway to do this? I may end up ditching PI for Agenda One after all. Thanks for the heads-up!
    I have been a long time Agendus (aka Action Names) from Iambic. I have loved it functionality and use on Palm OS. I recently moved from Palm OS on my Treo 650 to Windows on a Treo 750. I tried the beta of Agendus for Pocket PC and am VERY disappointed with it. I deleted it after a week. To sum up my experience with Agendus for Pocket PC, bloated and very slow.

After reading this thread, I am going to try Agenda One
    I really enjoy Agenda one, but it seems to be missing a small contact management function and the developer doesnt seem to feel it's important and will not be addressed, In fact Developer One Support suggested I switch to another program or buy there "version" of Pocket Informant (Fusion). I think not! I may have to stick with PI after all.

After waiting three days for an answer (they moderate all posts and it takes hours - if not 24 - for your post to hit the forum) to my simple question.

Q. how do I change the contact view to list First name, Last name. I get a response...

A. "1. You are correct, the Pocket PC devices do not have the File As option in the operating system. 2. If you are not able to change the contacts 'File As' on your desktop, you may want to try our Agenda Fusion program that allows the contact view to be displayed By First Name, By Company, as well as a number of other choices similar to PI."

I dont run outlook on my desktop or laptop (Mac).

Any ideas how to change the file-as flags on contacts directly on the PPC, or make them respect the Mac Address Book settings?
    You can not. The only ways I know of changing the file as is as follows:

01. Settings in Microsoft Outlook that may or may not sync the change to the mobile device.

02. 3rd Party Apps like WebIs Toolbox

03. Possible a registry edit?

If you do not use outlook I would checkout a google search for webis and then look at toolbox features.

Regards
    graylion
    I tired Agenda One and removed it for one main reason. When you select an appointment on your Today screen, you expect it to take you to that appointment within A1. It does not, it takes you to another day altogether. This would seem to be a very basic requirement. Support did not resolve this issue.

I too used Agendus for many years, but I am concerned that they too will get caught up in adding too many features and extraneous elements to the WM version. Right now I use the built in one on my 750v and it gets the job done.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast