Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Agenda One seems VERY slow. Especially if you update the date on a task; it takes forever (25 seconds!) to get back to the main view.

Overall the program seems pretty slow; I like the interface, but the speed is killing me.

Any thoughts?
    I love Agenda One, but it does seem slow the more I use it. My trial is about to expire and im unsure if im going to purchase this version. Maybe I'll wait until I see an update that fixes a lot of the inconsistency in this program.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    I love Agenda One, but it does seem slow the more I use it. My trial is about to expire and im unsure if im going to purchase this version. Maybe I'll wait until I see an update that fixes a lot of the inconsistency in this program.
    Man, I don't understand your wild swings in performance. A1 continues to be smooth and fast on my Treo - running Pocket Plus even. Only difference may be /w Pocket Plus I am actually closing unused programs - thus keeping more memory free.
    Jer 23:29
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    Man, I don't understand your wild swings in performance. A1 continues to be smooth and fast on my Treo - running Pocket Plus even. Only difference may be /w Pocket Plus I am actually closing unused programs - thus keeping more memory free.
    Neither do I. Albeit that I have a relatively modest contact list of 150 items, and about 27 notes.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    I have the same amount of memory as I did when I started trying Agenda One (1300 Contacts, about 50 calendar items a month, and 15 tasks at any given time). I dont think I said any major swings in performance, just a bit slow doing certain operations, also a little flaky. I would expect such a trim application compared to PI would be a big jump in performance. I find myself still looking to PI, and I would like to uninstall that software ASAP. Not sure what happens after the trial, but if its disabled, I may leave it that way until the next update.
    I have 1800+ contacts, tons of tasks and appointments.

These are my standard load times.
    Load: 3 sec
    Reload: 3-4 sec

Switch to:
    Today: 3 sec
    Month: 2 sec
    Tasks: 2 sec
    Contacts: 2 sec

Right Menu Soft Key: 3-4 sec (hmmmm)

I am very happy with Agenda One.

I wish I could assign tasks to people with an email address like you invite attendees for appointments.

I am very aggressive with not installing too many 3rd party wares.

If you have load speeds higher than what I have listed you should consider reviewing what program are in your startup and what program are running.

Anyway great program.

Regards
    graylion
    In Agenda One is that logo screen gone yet?
    Treo 700wx. My first PDA Smartphone Windows Mobile thing. (Seriously, all this crap is confusing. My device and I currently have a love-hate relationship.)
    High Maintenance, Blonde, and I obsess if Mr. Treo is not working, until I fix it. :P.. unlucky for you.
    I suggested you guys try the extreme agenda, which is much better than both A1 and PI. It enables stylus, finger and keyboard operations. Very nice.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    It's not gone but it's on-screen for a lot less.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Pocketbreeze for Overviews, Agenda one only for entering new appointments or tasks, because it is so fast, perfect usage with one hand and it supports templates.
    Does A1 still have the bug where the context menu will reappear after being dismissed?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    I have 1800+ contacts, tons of tasks and appointments.

Load: 3 sec

Switch to:
    Today: 3 sec
    Month: 2 sec

Right Menu Soft Key: 3-4 sec (hmmmm)

I am very happy with Agenda One.

I wish I could assign tasks to people with an email address like you invite attendees for appointments.

I am very aggressive with not installing too many 3rd party wares.

If you have load speeds higher than what I have listed you should consider reviewing what program are in your startup and what program are running.

Anyway great program.

Regards
    OK it has been a while since my original post regarding Agenda One and it is even better now.

just to update:

2200+ contacts
    1000+ tasks

Load: 4 sec (Agenda View)
    Reload: 3-4 sec

Switch to:
    Today: 2 sec
    Week: 2 sec
    Month: 3 sec

I continue to be impressed with A1. Since my last post on A1 I have installed and un-installed:

Extreme Agenda
    Agenda Fusion
    Pocket Informant
    Agendus

I do miss the really quick contact search for Pocket Informant. The latest release was a lot one 1 hand friendly but it had too many crashes.

None of these programs are as rock solid as Agenda One, IMHO.

Now it the very important that you maintain your Treo. Monitor the programs installed, remove the dead weight, manage your memory.

Regards
    graylion
    And yes there is a bug when using the center action context menu that causes the menu to pop after selecting an item.

Agenda one has yet to correct this.
    graylion
    I hate that...and I hate even more that there have been numerous complaints in their forum....but they say that they can't fix it because they can't reproduce it
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123