1.    #1  
    Amazon states that in order to receive the 750 for $99 after rebate, you agree not to change your plan for 181 days. According to Cingular, if you change or remove the data plan, this will void your rebate, BUT it will not make you incur the $250 fee Amazon charges if you change your account. They further explained that the data is an add on and that the voice plan is the actual plan that you are agreeing not to change.

I am sure if I called Cingular, I would get a different answer today and tomorrow, but can anyone confirm this?

If this is true, I would much rather dump the $40 PDA connect feature and add the Media package instead for $20 a month savings. That would be a better deal than the $50 rebate.

Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Codeworks View Post
    Amazon states that in order to receive the 750 for $99 after rebate, you agree not to change your plan for 181 days. According to Cingular, if you change or remove the data plan, this will void your rebate, BUT it will not make you incur the $250 fee Amazon charges if you change your account. They further explained that the data is an add on and that the voice plan is the actual plan that you are agreeing not to change.

I am sure if I called Cingular, I would get a different answer today and tomorrow, but can anyone confirm this?

If this is true, I would much rather dump the $40 PDA connect feature and add the Media package instead for $20 a month savings. That would be a better deal than the $50 rebate.

Thoughts?
    I wonder if canceling the account altogether would result in only a 250 fee from Amazon, whereby the phone still cost 400 bucks w/o a plan?