Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does the Cingular version of the 750 suffer from the same storage card problems as the Vodafone version?
    Mine suffers from the "750 Disappearing SD Card Trick"

I continually have to take out and re load my mini sd cards on my 750. It happens to all my sd cards.

Different Sizes, Manufacturers, etc.

So there is something definitely wrong with the slot.

-a
    stageworks@usa.net
    Yeah. Every so often it just loses the memory card and I have to re-insert it or soft-reset. I'm sure whatever the problem is is the same thing that causes it to lose the MiniSD wifi card when I'm using it.

WTF Palm? This is day-1 stuff. Overally I'm very pleased with the product except for 2 issues, and this is one of them.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    What is the best brand name card to use with the 750?
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    Overally I'm very pleased with the product except for 2 issues, and this is one of them.
    What's the other one?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi View Post
    What's the other one?
    Sometimes you answer the phone to silence. You can't hear the caller, the caller can't hear you.

Ring-Ring-Ring (you answer)
    "hello?" (Silence)
    "hello?" (Silence)
    "hello?" (still Silence)
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    What is the best brand name card to use with the 750?
    I go with Sandisk "Ultra II" cards. They arent' the cheapest, but they are high quality and among the fastest. I'm sure others are just as good such as Corsair which a high quality brand.
    Stay away from el-cheapo no-brand cards.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    I've used treo's for over a year and never had this problem with any of them. You cannot write things to the card automatically (cache, attachments, etc) or else you will get this issue.
    heh, my "el cheapo" 4gb mini noname sd card I purcased from eBay doesn't have the disappearing problem. :P
    Hannip... your 4 GB is working in the 750... I thought we were capped at 2GB currently... interesting?
    -jscott
    Yes, I've been stress testing it this week by loading it up and playing songs from it all day long.

I first found out about it from this post at xda.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...94&postcount=7

I ordered mine from the same store.
    Well you've only had this card a few days, so don't sound too confident. This problem for me is rare. It happens only once every few days or so.
    I wonder if it's related to having the wifi driver installed?
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    I have a Sandisk 2gb microSD (with a micro-to-mini adapter), and it has been working very well with no problems (have had it for about 3 weeks and have been using it extensively). May be a malfunctioning card you have?
    I've had the device for over 2 weeks now and I haven't gotten this issue **knocks on wood**

However, I don't have any programs installed to the memory card, nor have I done any reg edits to put my IE cache or anything on my memory card.
    Yikes. I haven't received my 750 yet, but I just did get the 2GB Corsair MiniSD card from Newegg (very nice price and highly rated). Hope I don't have any problems with this combo.
    I think it's more likely the driver for the Spectec mini SD wifi card causing the problem, but I'm not sure. It happens infrquently.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Everyone having this problem has the Spectec MiniSD wifi card and or drivers for it on their Treo 750?
    I'm having the problem with a Corsair 2GB mini that I got from NewEgg. In fact, my Treo got so 'messed up' after removing the card once it couldn't see it any longer, that it wouldn't boot... it would just hang at the end of the 'palm' screen. I tried several soft resets and battery removals (hoping for a break) but wound up having to hard reset it to get it back in action.....

I am open to any and all suggestions, as I can't be doing this every couple of weeks.

Thanks!
    Whitney Roberts
    That's it. I haven't even received my 750 yet, but I'm going to return my unopened Corsair 2GB MiniSD ASAP.

Can anyone recommend a 2GB or higher MiniSD that doesn't have problems with the Cingular 750?
    It's been a long time since I had the Spectec drivers installed. But I did see this problem a number of times back then. I have not seen the problem in a couple of months, so it could be that the drivers are the problem.

I only have Sandisk cards, but I saw the problems with this cards back when I first got it. But again I haven't seen this problem in a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I think it's more likely the driver for the Spectec mini SD wifi card causing the problem, but I'm not sure. It happens infrquently.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast