1.    #1  
    Just noticed WebIS is having a sale this weekend on their products...

I have VoiceMinder to send myself voice memos directly to my inbox so they don't get lost on my Treo somewhere. It's pretty cool.

Just though I'd give a heads-up if anyone's interested in their stuff, like Pocket Informant... anyone using that? Is it worth picking up now that it's a little cheaper?

Other than what I have, I don't know much about their products...

http://www.webis.net/
    END OF LINE
    Voiceminder actually looks pretty interesting. What hotkeys did you assign to it?

It sounds like you press a button to start recording, press it again to stop, one more time to send it to your email inbox? Does it send an actual email? What format is the voicemail (wav, mp3)?

Thanks,
    Rich
  3.    #3  
    I actually had it pinned to the start menu, and I can just hit "v" and it triggers. When it's done recording, your two softkeys say "send" and "save". You hit send, it sends it to your inbox, however you set it up initially, and that's it. It goes away after that, nothing to quit.

To be quite honest, for the 5 bucks or whatever it is this weekend, it's an absolute steal. I don't use it all the time, but when you're driving, for instance, and you have a few thoughts that need to go somewhere, it's indispensible.

Oh, it records in wav. and it sends an actual email, yeah. And it's only 2 buttons to push, whatever you have it set to, and then send.

Like I said, it's actually pretty cool. You can try it out, I believe and see if it's good for you...
    Last edited by Alienwhere; 01/27/2007 at 02:18 PM.
    END OF LINE
    BTW, I downloaded & installed Voiceminder, but I am a bit confused by the settings. What settings do I pick (activesync)? I am using 4smartphone.net in a push setup. Should I put a SMTP server in it?

How did you set yours up.
  5.    #5  
    I set mine up to send to my POP account, so I just dropped the server settings in... I'm not sure how you should do it with 4smartphone... what do the server settings for that kind of setup look like anyway? I mean, you'll have to enter an SMTP server otherwise I don't know how the program would actually send the mail. So if you can find that info for 4smartphone, that should be all you need, plus possible account info (user, pass).
    END OF LINE
    I ended up picking it up (for 5 bucks Thanks!). I set it to sync using activesync, which seems to work perfect for exchange. I then made a voicemail folder, set a rule & now it auto syncs to that folder

I am not sure what button I could set for it, but other than that, its great!

It will be much easier to send myself a voice note, than to type one handed into my calendar while doing 10 other things at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Just noticed WebIS is having a sale this weekend on their products...

I have VoiceMinder to send myself voice memos directly to my inbox so they don't get lost on my Treo somewhere. It's pretty cool.

Just though I'd give a heads-up if anyone's interested in their stuff, like Pocket Informant... anyone using that? Is it worth picking up now that it's a little cheaper?

Other than what I have, I don't know much about their products...

http://www.webis.net/

Pocket Informant is outstanding. It's easily customized and much more useful than the built in PIM.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  8.    #8  
    Well, the sale's done, so I'll have to more carefully consider the purchase, but thanks -
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    I ended up picking it up (for 5 bucks Thanks!). I set it to sync using activesync, which seems to work perfect for exchange. I then made a voicemail folder, set a rule & now it auto syncs to that folder

I am not sure what button I could set for it, but other than that, its great!

It will be much easier to send myself a voice note, than to type one handed into my calendar while doing 10 other things at once.
    And this works OTA using activesync?

If I can start, record and send to my exchange account in 3 button presses that would be great.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    And this works OTA using activesync?

If I can start, record and send to my exchange account in 3 button presses that would be great.
    You got it! Sending it into the activesync sends the note into your outgoing mail box.

The way it works to me, is one button to start the app, then a jingle to let you know its started, then on my treo (not sure why), any key stops & sends it.

Its pretty easy & it syncs into the Voicenotes folder in my outlook.