1.    #1  
    Anyone know if Palm is releasing the 750P for Cingular ?

I have 750 now, but I missed the Palm OS which seem quicker to me.

I wants all the bells and whistle functions of the 750 but with Palm OS.
    don't think it's gonna happen, the 680 is it for now
    Umm, never.

Can't do UMTS/HSDPA with Palm OS. Take those out of the 750 and you have the 680 (mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by jmk2888 View Post
    Anyone know if Palm is releasing the 750P for Cingular ?

I have 750 now, but I missed the Palm OS which seem quicker to me.

I wants all the bells and whistle functions of the 750 but with Palm OS.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Umm, never.

Can't do UMTS/HSDPA with Palm OS. Take those out of the 750 and you have the 680 (mostly).
    Thanks for the info.....

Anyone else think that Treo 650 Palm OS was quicker in toggling between functions than Windows OS ?
    Absolutely.

Others love WM5, I personally dislike most of it, but you can't get high speed data on GSM from Palm without it. And I had the 700p on Verizon for six months. Lots of little bugs on that device so it wasn't that hot either.

Quote Originally Posted by jmk2888 View Post
    Thanks for the info.....

Anyone else think that Treo 650 Palm OS was quicker in toggling between functions than Windows OS ?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I also beleive that Palm OS can't multi-task or do voice and data concurrently, so from what I understand the OS would need a mjor overhaul/upgrade.

For what it is worth I was a huge Palm OS fan too--having used it for years, but the WM5 seems very stable and much easier to use than I thought it would be. Also despite the lower resolution (240x240 vs. 320 x 320) in my opinion the graphical interface is so good that text and icons are very easy to see and I don't notice the difference. Lastly, if you compare the Google maps traffic function vs. the MS Live data traffic I think MS Live data is much more detailed and usable on the 750 than the Google maps was on the 650--and of course it reloads much quicker due to the faster data.

Again--let me stress just my opinion and not meant to start a war over the merits of Palm OS as I know the vast majority of members here prefer the Palm OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post

For what it is worth I was a huge Palm OS fan too--having used it for years, but the WM5 seems very stable and much easier to use than I thought it would be. Also despite the lower resolution (240x240 vs. 320 x 320) in my opinion the graphical interface is so good that text and icons are very easy to see and I don't notice the difference.
    I'm with you!
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Give and take IMO:

Palm is quicker because it is so small and simple.

Windows is slower because it is more complex, both structure-wise AND feature-wise.

Crossbow is MUCH faster than 5.0, I can tell you that. Can't wait to see Photon!
    Yes my 650 was insanly faster at switching between apps.
    I also miss features my 650 had that the 750 doesn't. Like automatically going to a specific task list instead of all tasks every time you open the task list (it should go to the last list you used). Being able to add programs shotcuts to the voicedial slots and to have multiple pages of them.