1.    #1  
    I uninstalled the Xpressmail because of the battery drain in 6 hrs it was dead. So now I am testing to see how long it will last. I installed my earthlink.net email accounts via POP in outlook. I do not have it set to syncronize automatically so I am not sure why the Data Connection is staying open.

I have ActiveSync connect to exchange every 5 minutes, but shouldn't it disconnect from the Data after its done to conserve the battery more?

Any advice would be great. This is my first PDA of this type.
    It does not disconnect automatically. I'd make it check much less frequently than 5 minutes or your battery will be dead in six hours again.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Check out: GPRS Tweak.

It auto-disconnects the GPRS after a certain amount of time. It works like a charm. You can set the interval for any number of minutes you want.

It says GPRS, but works for UMT or HSDPA connections.

Cheers,
    Sealos
  4.    #4  
    I installed and it turns it off. I am hoping this solves my battery issue.
  5.    #5  
    This definitely solved the battery problems!! I unplugged it at 9am sat and sunday and it was on Sunday till 11pm and only used 15% of the battery! So it has 85% left.
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    This definitely solved the battery problems!! I unplugged it at 9am sat and sunday and it was on Sunday till 11pm and only used 15% of the battery! So it has 85% left.
    Excellent.. that means we can get through the weekend without a charger.. that is huge for me because my current 650 can make it from Friday 7pm to Monday morning with about 20% left..
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette View Post
    Excellent.. that means we can get through the weekend without a charger.. that is huge for me because my current 650 can make it from Friday 7pm to Monday morning with about 20% left..
    I apologize, I didn't explain what I meant to say properly. I unplugged it on Sunday at 9am and by 11pm that night it only used 15% of battery life with me checking it periodically during the day to see if the battery went down any.