1.    #1  
    have a treo 650 with cingular with the old media net for $19.99. I am going to try to add a line for $9.99 get a free phone for my spouse. Then I take my 64 smart chip out of my 650 and use in treo 750. Then my spouse can place sims card out of free phone into my old treo 650 and just use the free phone when one of ours quit. Will I have to have the 750 activated by cingular if I get it from ebay
    Will the 64 smart chip run everything? Do you see any snags in my plan?. I may even try to buy 750 from cingular if they will activate it on my account with the old $19.99 media net. Whar do you think?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    you can just go into a cingular store tell them you lost your sim and they cna give you a new sim most likely it's 3g enable sim. Then once you get new sim pop into the 750 and away you go on the 3g network
    you dont tell them you have the phone because I have a 750 as well and im using the unlimited media net.
    get the free phone 1st, don't tell them you have the 750 unless you are cool with someone that works at a Corp Store and knows what she is doing...
    I am a real estate wholesaler, let me know how I can help you!!!
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!!
    Woody Properties, LLC
    If you buy the Treo 750 over the phone from Cingular. Or if you get a 750 as a device-only upgrade off of cingular.com. In both cases they won't touch your data plan unless you ask them to. Only when you go to stores to they make a stink because they want comission for upgrading your data plan and this is the perfect escuse. Even if you went in to a store you could tell the sales guy where to go and leave your data plan alone, that you'll take your chances. But store employees can be jerks.

I've bough PDAs via cingular and never had them even question my $20 data plan.

One benefit to buying over the phone or internet is that you can get overnight shipping and have it by the next morning.

Also, if you ever sign up for a new PDA and they insist you take a PDA plan. YOu can log in to your online account manager (OLAM), remove the PDA plan, Then add the media max plan right online.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    Also, if you ever sign up for a new PDA and they insist you take a PDA plan. YOu can log in to your online account manager (OLAM), remove the PDA plan, Then add the media max plan right online.

thanks for this tip!