1. djc
    I noticed my battery life lacking on my Treo 700w, even when I hadn't been talking on it. After paying closer attention, I notice the screen isn't fully turning off. Instead of going black after a period of no button pushing, it is almost as if the backlight turns off, but the screen is on. I haven't been able to adjust it to fix this problem.

Latest firmware, hard reset, yadda yadda.

Is this common? Any suggestions?
    Check your power and backlight settings. There's a difference between dimming the backlight and the device going to sleep (same as pressing the red end key). You can select a time period for each one (I think I have my backlight set at 2 minutes and sleep at 4. But I always just press end when I'm done using it (as it also activates the keyguard).
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    The power setting under battery doesn't have an option to never turn off. It gives an option if not used from 1 to 5 minutes.

Even if it dims in 1 minute, it should turn off max 5 minutes.

I would think it's some program interfering with that.
  4. djc
    i had the backlight set for 10 seconds, and power for 1 min on both battery and plugged in.

i disabled the backlight for now to see what happens
    Quote Originally Posted by djc View Post
    i had the backlight set for 10 seconds, and power for 1 min on both battery and plugged in.

i disabled the backlight for now to see what happens
    Phonealarm installed?

Someone in the 750 forum had a similar issue, he didn't know that phonealarm had its won power settings that override the Windows settings
  6. djc
    Nope, basic phone with Goodlink.

It appears when I hang up a call with the bluetooth headset, the screen stays on, but not backlit.

I don't recall ever having this problem with my other 700w. I don't enjoy having to leave the phone on the charge at work.