Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I'm not entirely convinced that it's Microsoft's problem. I've owned Palm-based devices for as long as they've existed, and recently moved from a 650 to the 700wx. I haven't found sync to be fullproof on either platform. To be honest, the best syncing I've ever had is over-the-air with the 700WX (the 650 failed occasionally with no user-readable error messages).

Can any of you honestly say Hotsync is any better? I gave up on that long ago, and while I haven't had problems with ActiveSync, I stick to wireless because I've never trusted USB/bluetooth sync.

Get an email account with EAS support and you'll be better on both the Palm and Windows Mobile fronts. Then use explorer to drag/drop files for WM phones or bluetooth file transfers for POS.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollagreen View Post
    This may or may not help, but here is a non technical observation. I had many of the same problems you all discribe when only syncing to my computer with the usb cable. Since I have signed up with 4smartphone.com and use the ota sync/push email I have had zero problems. I mean no problems syncing with my desktop now. I still connect it to sync my splash id software, documents, links, installing programs, but never get errors anymore now that I use the ota sync. Dont know why, but it has made life much easier. Hope it helps.

I do not have great need to sync a lot of data but since I can't use Active Sync with any reliability I use Yahoo Go! to keep my calendar, contacts, etc straight. Really a nice way to send your phtots back and forth too. It does an OTA sync and it works beautifully. Shame I have to resort to that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by aetherion View Post
    Can any of you honestly say Hotsync is any better?
    Yes - definitely.

All the way back to my first Palm Pilot I never had problems with hotsync. Only problems was me not doing soemthign right - adn even then I had a log that I could read to see what happened and fix it.

Also - with Hotsync I didn't have to screw around with Windows Briefcase to get files to sync. There are several spreadsheets and word docs on my work network I like to keep on my PDA for when I'm in a meeting and need to whip out some precise data. Hotsync/Docs to go worked like a champ. I have to manyally copy a briefcase to my storage card when I sync now.

So for me, both reliability and functionality have degraded significantly now that I'm syncing a windows device to windows. IMHO - there's something very wrong with that.
    Try A Blackberry 8700 series on which ever provider you choose. They work flawlessly, and Sync to your Outlook perfectly………….
    Quote Originally Posted by FSUFAN1200 View Post
    Try A Blackberry 8700 series on which ever provider you choose. They work flawlessly, and Sync to your Outlook perfectly………….

lol...no they don't. They have a forum full of "issues" just like we do. As a recovering crackberry addict, BOTH devices have their share of pros and cons.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12