1.    #1  
    Has anyone else been dissapointed with the 750's call quality & reception? I'm on Cingular and have also had the BlackJack for tjr past month, I found it FAR superior to the 750. In fact my 650 has fewer dropped calls & clear calls than the 750. Could it be my actual device?
    Off to iPhone land...
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    It could be your device, or a bad SIM. I found this Treo to be the best one yet at reception, I never get dropped calls. I have had the Treo 600, 650, 680, and now this. I also think the Bluetooth on this one is leaps and bounds better then any of the prior ones, and the volume is 4-5 times louder on both Bluetooth, and Handset.
    I have had great call quality, and people on the other end say the same thing. Swap out that device.
    This is something I have not been able to say since I had a Motorola/Nextel phone. It sounds like a land line to others calling and to me. NO Static, just clean and clear. Couple that with the Jawbone headset and other have no clue if you're in a car or sitting at your desk. Just perfect!
    It has been clean and clear for me, It has to be your device, f you are with in your 30 days just take it back and swap it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    Couple that with the Jawbone headset and other have no clue if you're in a car or sitting at your desk. Just perfect!
    How is the Jawbone?.......feel like writing a review???

Doesnt have to be long just pros and cons.....Im lookin for a new headset and want to make sure i get the right one.......
    I recently switched from Verizon (Moto Q) and this phone is the best phone I have used in a while when it comes to call quality. It never drops and people say they can not tell I am on a cell.

I pair mine with the Plantronics Discovery 650 and it works perfectly. I have never had any problems with the BT dropping and it pairs without incident everytime.
    I too agree the 750 call quality is far superior. I'm actually testing the 700p on Verizon & Sprint and the 750 is much better IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by treonu-b View Post
    How is the Jawbone?.......feel like writing a review???

Doesnt have to be long just pros and cons.....Im lookin for a new headset and want to make sure i get the right one.......
    I posted a small review of it on Mobilitytoday.com - Just a comment to a top story when released.

PROS:
    GREAT Sound Quality
    Noise reduction works GREAT
    No problems pairing, no disconnects, BT distance about 20 feet from Treo750.
    You can talk and others only hear you even when windows are down and stereo is on!

CONS:
    Size - Jawbone is a bit large and not as comfortable as others I have used.

Overall:
    This is the BEST BT Headset I have ever tried. Jabra's JX10, 500, 900, plantronics, none of them have ever performed as well as the Jawbone! Pick on up at your local Cingular store and try it for 30 days!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I broke my 650 a little over a week ago. After doing the comparisons, I thought that the 8525 would be the best option. After a week, I decided to exchange it for a 750. So far (one day) I'm pleased that I did the change. However, while the 750 does get a little better reception than the 650, the 8525 was better still: the 650 could not get a signal in my basement, the 750 can but only just (not data, and it takes a while to connect), the 8525 could get a data signal and a strong voice connection. But, I'll give up a little on reception to regain the one-handed use on the Treo.
    Have the 750 for the past 3 weeks and have had no issues, no droped calls, I make about 2 hrs aday and pound data really hard. I have the 8525 as well and find the 750 better with calls
  12.    #12  
    That's good to hear. Definitely going to replace it.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman View Post
    A useful camera (e.g., = or > 2.0 megapixels) w/ a flash that *works*, a 3.5mm stereo headset jack, recharging via USB, and a weight watchers diet for the next Treo.
    Any camera with a decent lens, enough to make 2 MP more than a sales gimic, would add too much weight and size. Same is true with a flash, plus it would eat batteries.

2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters aren't that tough to find and the smaller fitting helps to keep the size down.

A standard USB connection with charging would be great - I would agree (the 8125 manages, and the 8525 almost manages, with a standard USB connection).

The 750 is not that heavy. As it is, battery life is less than ideal, and anything to cut weight would have to start with a smaller, lighter, battery. I'd prefer a higher capacity battery of the same size and weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman View Post
    Has anyone else been dissapointed with the 750's call quality & reception? I'm on Cingular and have also had the BlackJack for tjr past month, I found it FAR superior to the 750. In fact my 650 has fewer dropped calls & clear calls than the 750. Could it be my actual device?
    I moved over from Verizon, and so far after 2 days of use, the clarify, reception, is much better than I expected. It's clear, no call problems, no static, etc. People don't even know I am on a cell.
    I have both the 750 and the Blackjack and have to say that the sound quality on the Blackjack is far superior to the Treo. I find myself carrying both and switching to the Blackjack in airports and other noisy places. When I drive my old truck around I canít hear on the Treo even at the loudest setting. I have no problems with the Blackjack. Donít get me wrong, this phone is clear but it just isnít loud enough. Why canít Palm make a device that has FANTASTIC sound quality (loud, let me turn it down) this is a phone and I need to be able to listen to callers and voicemail in the loudest of places. Never had a problem with any other HTC device (8125,3125,2125). For some reason Palm likes to set a lower max limit to a point where it is almost unusable in loud places!! If you donít believe me, go out and buy a blackjack and compare and then you will know what you are missing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp25 View Post
    Any camera with a decent lens, enough to make 2 MP more than a sales gimic, would add too much weight and size. Same is true with a flash, plus it would eat batteries.
    Then you obviously haven't seen the tiny 5.0 Megapixel i-Mobile 902.

Megapixels don't mean much to me, they just give you better cropping ability, but the sample pictures below should give you a taste of its image quality - about as good as mid-high end P&S digicam. The night shot has really low noise for a long exposure. Its a Sony CCD btw.

More sample pictures here http://forum2.mobile-review.com/showthread.php?t=52951