1.    #1  
    Hey yall I have bought verichat sometime ago (over 6 months) just lately it has not worked. Does anyone know if they still have their servers up or does anyone know if they took them down already due to them selling out. And if the servers are not running do people get a refund?
    Nokia is ready to kick it to the gutter anytime soon. Don't expect any help from them.
    i just hard reset yesterday, reinstalled verichat, and it's still working here FYI
    I am having the same problems as the OP, it just doesn't get messages. People tell me they IM me all the time and they just aren't going though. They should be ashamed of themselves. Scumbag Nokia...
  5.    #5  
    I did the same thing I reinstalled verichat and now it works. Also one thing I like about verichat is i can log several yahoo names at the same time any other im programs that will let me have simultanious sign ons besides verichat.
    Mine is working..
    i'm having the same problem, and now it's even affecting my other chat programs? my next step is to do a hard reset, but i'm not excited about that? this all started today??
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    What IM network are u guys using? I ran into a similar problem using Live messenger mobile(former MSN messenger). I actually had to create a new Windows Live ID and transfer all my contacts so i would receive messages.
    I found webmessenger to be the best of them all. I've tried verichat and own licenses to both agile and IM+. I'll probably buy webmessenger when my trial period expires. It's the best of them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy8 View Post
    I found webmessenger to be the best of them all. I've tried verichat and own licenses to both agile and IM+. I'll probably buy webmessenger when my trial period expires. It's the best of them all.
    hmmm, very interesting. just got it installed (took a little bit) but so far i'm kinda impressed. Not sure i'm $29.95/yr impressed, but we'll see....
    Last edited by doubleu; 01/26/2007 at 08:42 AM.
    so i use AIM. as of yesturday everything has been messed up. i am able to send messages just fine, but receiving them isn't working. yesturday morning i had a trial of verichat on my computer for a long time and i thought i would give it a go to see if i liked it (didn't realize they got bought out). it installed fine, and i was able to go online and give it a run. i didn't care for it. so i went back to agile.

now everything is a mess (everything used to be great). i can log into my aim account just fine, and initially i can send AND receive messages. but, once my phone goes idle for a bit, i lose the ability to receive messages.

i Have tried various programs (agile, webmessenger, IM+) and they all have the same problem. i have also tried various and new AIM handles and they all also have the same issues.

could verichat have changed something on my phone? i tried reinstalling it and uninstalling it. i also didn't choose the option for sms with verichat.

anyway if anyone knows anything or could point me in a direction, otherwise i guess this weekend i'll do a hard reset.

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixty View Post
    so i use AIM. as of yesturday everything has been messed up. i am able to send messages just fine, but receiving them isn't working. yesturday morning i had a trial of verichat on my computer for a long time and i thought i would give it a go to see if i liked it (didn't realize they got bought out). it installed fine, and i was able to go online and give it a run. i didn't care for it. so i went back to agile.

now everything is a mess (everything used to be great). i can log into my aim account just fine, and initially i can send AND receive messages. but, once my phone goes idle for a bit, i lose the ability to receive messages.

i Have tried various programs (agile, webmessenger, IM+) and they all have the same problem. i have also tried various and new AIM handles and they all also have the same issues.

could verichat have changed something on my phone? i tried reinstalling it and uninstalling it. i also didn't choose the option for sms with verichat.

anyway if anyone knows anything or could point me in a direction, otherwise i guess this weekend i'll do a hard reset.

thanks!
    The only thing verichat does that the others don't that may cause problems, is it will keep you online even when you logout, and then page you with an SMS if someone msgs you. But the only way that has messed me up (like today with installing webmessenger) is I get 'your account is logged in in 2 places' messages.
    ok well i just did a full hard reset and only installed agile messenger.

i am able to login in to all my accounts just fine, and i test them out and they work fine. but once i turn my phone off and i go idle for a bit, i stop receiving IM messages (tried with multiple accounts). it seems like the phone and messenger isn't receiving updates once it goes into an evdo idle state? this was never the case, i used to be able to leave my phone and IM on all day long, and receive messages throughout the day. now once it stays off or idle for a bit, i don't get them.

also if i only stay idle for a few minutes, what happens is if i send myself a messages (from my PC on another computer), i won't get the notification, but if i go into agile messenger (or IM+) and do something (like check contact info), once the phone goes out of idle EVDO (grayed out) and into active EVDO (white) i get all my messages that second.

and again, this is after a hard reset, and this was not the case for the entire time i've had the phone until yesturday.

i am on sprint. unlimited data. all my IM programs are installed on the device (not on memory card).

i'll probably send agile a message today to see if they have any ideas.

anyone know if aol aim changed their protocols recently?
    Last edited by sixsixty; 01/26/2007 at 01:35 PM. Reason: update
    Does anyone here have a full retail version of verichat for Windows Mobile that they would be willing to sell to me? I really loved this for my 650 but as we all know, its no longer available for sale. I have the 700wx now. I can paypal money over. Email or pm me. warrior15r@gmail.com
    Guys, don't forget to give Octro (read more here too) a shot.

It's still in beta but works quite well and does Google VOIP (even over 1x), AIM, Y!, ICQ, etc. The Today Plugin is also quite nice.

It's free now but they will eventually charge but that has not been set yet.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Octro seems like its gonna take its place over verichat for me.... I think Im gonna like this.