Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Sorry to say, the holster clip is a bit weak. The holster for the skinned treo has a week clip compared to the clip used on the un-skinned holster. Same material, but the clip is longer which in turn makes it less ridged. It does hold great for me, but a little stronger spring a/o thicker plastic would help. I haven't had it fall out YET, but I can see the possibility is there. I would rather not find out how possible...
    Again... Im not sure other holsters are any better, I can tell you all the holsters I have had with other devices failed often. Maybe its to be expected with a holster, maybe it should'nt be expected with a holster that holds such precious cargo.
    Ok Seidio, sounds like a decent amount of complaints given the sampling size. How about a skin case/holster that is a little more secure? It's not about pleasing everybody, it's more an issue of providing a product people have confidence in,especially as Interstink says, 'it's carrying a precious cargo.'
    Last edited by JGold; 02/06/2007 at 06:06 PM.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I must say that I was very skeptical about all of you complaining about the weak clip, after all I've owned several of these for other devices and never had any issues. Well....................I'm sorry I doubted you. I just received my holster today and less than an hour later my precious 750 landed on a concrete floor after falling out of the holster. I didn't bump into anything except for maybe my own arm while walkimg. I don't understand how it happened but it did. I'm not sure what to think of it yet, I guess I'll be looking at it closely the next few days to see if this is going to turn out to be an isolated incident or if it is just a faulty design.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  4.    #104  
    I wonder if my clip is stronger than the ones you guys are getting? I haven't had any unfortunate device drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    I must say that I was very skeptical about all of you complaining about the weak clip, after all I've owned several of these for other devices and never had any issues. Well....................I'm sorry I doubted you. I just received my holster today and less than an hour later my precious 750 landed on a concrete floor after falling out of the holster. I didn't bump into anything except for maybe my own arm while walkimg. I don't understand how it happened but it did. I'm not sure what to think of it yet, I guess I'll be looking at it closely the next few days to see if this is going to turn out to be an isolated incident or if it is just a faulty design.
    we went back to check the skin holster for Treo 750. The spring strength on skin holster is identical to the spring strength on unskin holster. they are the same spring. PLease contact RMA to do the exchange. we would like to get the holster back so we can evaluate it.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Sorry. I didn't specify I have the holster for the unskinned treo.

However; I believe the problem may not be the clip but the height of the raised edges that go along the side of the treo. Does this treo holster have a redesigned side? I think the sides have less height to them (from back of holster to front, not top to bottom). My treo fell out while it was in horizontal mode so any budge to the clip makes it fall out because the side of the holster isn't tall enough to keep it in. By contrast, the bottom of the case has a nice "cupping" effect on the bottom of the treo so even if the clip budges a little the bottom of the holster keeps it from falling out.

Can anyone else confirm that your treos fell out while in horizontal mode and not vertical? Maybe it's not the clip at all and instead is the holster itself? Seidioseidio, has this part of the holster been redesigned for the 750? I never hs this issue with my 650 or 8125.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    we went back to check the skin holster for Treo 750. The spring strength on skin holster is identical to the spring strength on unskin holster. they are the same spring. PLease contact RMA to do the exchange. we would like to get the holster back so we can evaluate it.
    The Spring tension does seem the same, but I think the length of the actual clip is making is less ridged. With my extensive engineering knowledge (Computer Science degree - No engineering) I would think the clip needs to be thicker in order for it to have the same rigidity as the shorter un-skined holster. This longer clip flex's, and it may flex enough for the treo to more easily fall out.
    Thank you for all the information...it has not gone unnoticed. We believe that the problem lies in the top clip not coming over enough to hold the case as firmly as we (and obviously you) would like. This is specific to the Treo 750 skin model only. We are going to work on this immediately and get replacements for you as soon as we can. We appreciate your input and apologize for any problems.
  9. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Thank you for all the information...it has not gone unnoticed. We believe that the problem lies in the top clip not coming over enough to hold the case as firmly as we (and obviously you) would like. This is specific to the Treo 750 skin model only. We are going to work on this immediately and get replacements for you as soon as we can. We appreciate your input and apologize for any problems.
    Excellent service. I was wondering however wether by default this will go for all customers who purchased the holster for skinned devices or only for the ones who actually signalled the issue?
    ---------------------------
    The one and only Treo 750v
    ---------------------------
    I extend my sympathy to all those who have dropped their precious 750.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Its great that Seidio is looking to resolve this issue so publicly. Truly a great company in a sea of scoundrels. OH, did I tell you never deal with JavoEdge or RCN?!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    Excellent service. I was wondering however wether by default this will go for all customers who purchased the holster for skinned devices or only for the ones who actually signalled the issue?
    The updated holster will be available to all existing customers who ordered the 750 skin holster. We'll post here when it's available.

Thanks
    The updated holster will be available to all existing customers who ordered the 750 skin holster. We'll post here when it's available.

Thanks
    Any news on the updated version ?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I returned my skinned holster (with a request for a redesigned one that actually works) and got an email a couple days ago that I should receive the new product in 5 to 10 business days. They better not be sending me the same defective design.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456