1.    #1  
    Has anyone figured this out yet with any reliability? I stuck w/o a PIN and not being able to connect to the BBC desktop even though when my Treo connects to Active Sync the BBC desktop connect button comes on.
    I suppose there are many people interested in this same topic as well. I have been watching the boards here for several months trying to decide whether to take the 750 plunge.

My current situation (and I suspect it is the same as many others) is that the company I work for currently uses Blackberries with our own BES. The Blackberries are from Cingular. Although I'm due for a new phone, my IT guys will not order me a 750 because they fear the support issues, and would prefer that everybody have the same device (bberry). However, I'm willing to purchase my own 750 from Cingular or elsewhere, assuming I can get it to work. My two main concerns are:

1. Can I simply take the sim card out of my current bberry and put it into the 750? or do I need a new 3G sim card (and from where?).

2. Will bbc work on my 750 with my company's BES without involvement from my IT department?

Thanks in advance for your responses!
    you know what they say about misery loves company... more over.

I am having the exact same problem as you jmejones. I have wasted two days trying to get it to work and the best I can tell, Cingular has done something to lock the communication of the BBerry Connect software. I am registered at something like 6 different forums looking for answers, but I am very close to giving up.
    ez... its an awesome phone, but if you are looking for BBConnect, it doesn't seem like this is the phone for you.

For some reason, the Cingular 750 does not work with BBC. I have tried to help a few people on the forums with this issue. I am currently using the Vodafone Palm 750 flavor and it works fine with BBC. It also now works with a UMTS connection where as it didn't used before.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  5.    #5  
    Yep, that seems to be the answer. I ordered a 750v yesterday and will take my 750 Cingular back this weekend.
    How well does it work with the 750v? Does it still block other services like running IE?

I see you have a Pearl. Are you planning to replace the 750v with it?

Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    For some reason, the Cingular 750 does not work with BBC. I have tried to help a few people on the forums with this issue. I am currently using the Vodafone Palm 750 flavor and it works fine with BBC. It also now works with a UMTS connection where as it didn't used before.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    How well does it work with the 750v? Does it still block other services like running IE?

I see you have a Pearl. Are you planning to replace the 750v with it?
    BBC still loses the connection when IE is running, but once its closed/min. BBC reconnects. I have not had any issues with it as I did when I had to force a GSM only connection.

I am using the Pearl again. I had the T-Mobile/unlocked version before, but just picked up the Cingular flavor. I am not sure what I am going to do. I love the size of the Pearl, but the Treo still feels the best in hand. I also like WM5 better. I have all my favorite apps for WM5 (Newsbreak, MS Live Search, etc.). I might check out the 8800 when that comes out. It's rumored for Feb. At the end of the day, I am waiting for the iPhone. . To answer your question, I will probably keep the 750v.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  8.    #8  
    unlocked Vodaphone 750v works great!!!!! I love it. Better than Nokia e61 although bulkier...BBC works great...Cingular 750 returned for refund, and all is right in the world today