1.    #1  
    I have put a very small .wav file in two different directories on my Treo. Although they play great on my computer they do not show as an option for my to change it to one of them.

Under the notification tab they just don't show up.

If I click on the "Manage" tab they are there they just won't play.

Do I need to convert the files or move them to another location?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    What does this have to do with POP3 email notifications...????
    -jscott
    Try putting the files in this directory on the device:

\\My Device\Windows

It is where the audio files are located and this worked for me with ringtones.
    They will show up in the \My Documents or \Windows\Rings folders also. If it's not playing it sounds like it might be encoded with options that don't work on the Treo. You will probably need to convert them to compatible options on the computer first. Without knowing how they were encoded it's impossible to say what the problem is.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj View Post
    What does this have to do with POP3 email notifications...????
    My goal is to change the sound (ringtone) the treo makes when I receive and email.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjlepak View Post
    My goal is to change the sound (ringtone) the treo makes when I receive and email.
    I always stick them in the My Device/Windows directory also, and they show up fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjlepak View Post
    Ahh... I see... thought u were talking about emails themselves... sorry...!

Yes... all that have replied have given working options... I've placed the sound files in Windows and in My Documents before... they show up and play perfectly.

Best,
    -jscott