1.    #1  
    Somehow, on my 700w, the little battery/power icon in the top right of my Today screen has been replaced by a volume control icon. I think it may have happened when I uninstalled a tweak/utilities shareware, but I can't remember which one.

I read that Palm reloads the battery icon in the 700w, so I figure a registry setting must have changed, but I can't figure out which one.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    No, but I'd sure like to know how to get a volume control icon; I hate the control buttons that always open on the phone when its usually the pda volume I need to adjust.
    I removed the battery icon hoping to get some more space up there, but that stupid volume control thing took its place instead! I was so angry, that's why we have the side buttons..I'd be a happy camper if I could just remove both.

Anyway, here's how I figured to remove the battery icon; Perhaps it provides a hint on how to bring it back:
    * Create a new file (text is ok) and save it as BatteryIndicator.exe, either on your PC or on the Treo
    * Copy that file to \Windows on the device to overwrite the original, I think you have to use Total Commander (i did) for the overwrite, then reset.

If you want to get back the original, delete the new one from \Windows and reset. I think it should work that way, since the original is ROM.
  4.    #4  
    Hmmm, g-funkster, you gave me a clue, at least. BatteryIndicator.exe is still in my Windows folder; clicking it to run it pops the battery icon over the volume control, just like before. Now I need to figure out how to get it to run after a soft reset. Maybe put a shortcut to it in the Windows\Startup folder?

Similarly, does everyone else already have it in their startup folder? If so, removing it may be the way to disable it....
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Not in my Windows\Startup folder. Maybe you should delete the one in the Windows folder, if you can, and see if it gets recreated. Or you could rename it and I could send you mine.

Greg
  6.    #6  
    I can't do anything with it: can't copy and paste it, can't delete it, can't rename it. It appears to be read-only.

Oh well, I found a workaround for my problem. I wish I had a better solution, so I could recommend how others could REMOVE it.