1.    #1  
    Is it possible to transfer my contacts from Palm to my windows device? Or do I have to reenter everything?
    Is this a forward looking question -- or do you already have the 700wx installed, hotsynced and running? And what was your prior device? (Which I assume was synced to the Palm Desktop.)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Is this a forward looking question -- or do you already have the 700wx installed, hotsynced and running? And what was your prior device? (Which I assume was synced to the Palm Desktop.)

700wx not hotsynced yet.

coming from a palm pda.
    Good.

Your 700WX should have come with instructions on how to migrate . . . . .

However, it seems that this would work:

You can change the HotSync method of your Palm PDA to sync with Outlook instead of the Palm Desktop, then hotsync the PDA. (Make sure conduits are set to sync or Handheld overwrites desktop -- if conduits are set to Desktop overwrites Handheld -- you will erase the data the PIM from your handheld.)
    This will put all your PIM data into Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks)
    Then when you sync the 700wx to that user in Outlook -- all that data will come back down to the 700wx.

But I would review the material that came with the 700wx -- I'm sure there must be some migration instructions hiding in there somewhere.

Ahh . . . found it: Do it this way!
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/24/2007 at 10:46 AM.
    The windows treos do everything through outlook so what Perry suggests is right on.

Set up your existing treo to sync with outlook, note that outlook express won't work for obvious reasons.

Install activesync- you might want to download it from the Internet versus using the one that came on the disk- as newer releases have most lilkely been made available. (I am using 4.5.0 beta) Once activesync has been installed, dock the treo and it will promopt you and ask if you want to set up a new partnership. You can choose which data you want to sync- notes, taks, email, favorites, etc. (Note that if you want to pull email over the air you will not want to sync email through activesync)Once you establish a new partnership in activesync with the WX it will ask if you want to import all of the data from the desktop outlook to the treo.

I think you will find that activesync is far superior to palm desktop. When your treo is docked any changes will sync automatically. No need to press the "sync" button.Activesync will also pair your device to the desktops Internet connection.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  6.    #6  
    and what if i don't have outlook on my home computer?

Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    The windows treos do everything through outlook so what Perry suggests is right on.

Set up your existing treo to sync with outlook, note that outlook express won't work for obvious reasons.

Install activesync- you might want to download it from the Internet versus using the one that came on the disk- as newer releases have most lilkely been made available. (I am using 4.5.0 beta) Once activesync has been installed, dock the treo and it will promopt you and ask if you want to set up a new partnership. You can choose which data you want to sync- notes, taks, email, favorites, etc. (Note that if you want to pull email over the air you will not want to sync email through activesync)Once you establish a new partnership in activesync with the WX it will ask if you want to import all of the data from the desktop outlook to the treo.

I think you will find that activesync is far superior to palm desktop. When your treo is docked any changes will sync automatically. No need to press the "sync" button.Activesync will also pair your device to the desktops Internet connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by OriTreo View Post
    and what if i don't have outlook on my home computer?
    your wx came with a cd that should have a copy of outlook on it, the 2002 version I believe.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    The plot thickens . . . . . . .

PC or Mac?

Assuming PC, can your employer provide you a legal copy to load at home?

Edit: (Forget that -- if it's on the install disk.)
  9.    #9  
    Thank you everyone! You're all extremely helpful. love this site!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Good.

Your 700WX should have come with instructions on how to migrate . . . . .

However, it seems that this would work:

You can change the HotSync method of your Palm PDA to sync with Outlook instead of the Palm Desktop, then hotsync the PDA. (Make sure conduits are set to sync or Handheld overwrites desktop -- if conduits are set to Desktop overwrites Handheld -- you will erase the data the PIM from your handheld.)
    This will put all your PIM data into Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks)
    Then when you sync the 700wx to that user in Outlook -- all that data will come back down to the 700wx.

But I would review the material that came with the 700wx -- I'm sure there must be some migration instructions hiding in there somewhere.

Ahh . . . found it: Do it this way!
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001

Cheers, Perry.
    Thanks Perry!