1.    #1  
    I tried to search on this...can't find my answer. My phone battery seems to drain much quicker than usual.

Any solutions?

Is there an extended battery on sale yet?
    yes, check the storefront here.

faster than what? than a previous phone? than it did a week ago? kinda vague....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo650Man View Post
    yes, check the storefront here.

faster than what? than a previous phone? than it did a week ago? kinda vague....

Sorry, let me clarify.

it drains faster than when i first got it...
    i do pull several IMAP emails, connect to Sprint Business Connect for work emails, text 10 a day, and go online occaionally.

but it drains from 100 to 85 in the first hour of minimal use!
    i've only had the 700wv for a couple of week, but down from 100 to 85 in an hour of usage sounds about right to me.

this thing sucks batteries. but the good news is that it uses the same chargers as the 650 that i had. so i have a usb charging/sync cradle in the office, a charger in the car, 3 around the house...

i will probably still get the next bigger size of battery (30% more capacity). i can't see getting the one that increases the thickness of the phone though since it wouldn't fit in my flip case.
    I had my wx charged up to 100%, disconnected it and went to sleep. I woke up 8 hours later, and it's down to 78%. At this rate, the battery will theoretically last 36 hours just on standby. What happened to the supposed 300 hour standby claim? I've disabled as many things as I can find.
    Tex, your phone is doing literally nothing? Are you sure it's not pulling down emails or anything like that?

I am not trying to defend the battery life, because it does suck, but it might be doing something that is draining.
  7.    #7  
    i just found this at a great price and ordered it.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=2196476

hopefully it'll do the trick
    Treo650Man, I've disabled as many things as possible. I did try to install WA2, and after uninstalling that I seemed to notice the charge draining faster than normal. Maybe a hard reset to get back things to square one?
    Quote Originally Posted by OriTreo View Post
    i just found this at a great price and ordered it.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=2196476

hopefully it'll do the trick

You're a brave man Ori. They don't even say what capacity the battery is... Is everything they sell new? How do you know it's not a regular capacity battery that is perhaps used or has sat on the shelf so long that it's lost a lot of its capacity.

I only buy batteries from people I trust sell a lot of them and sell them brand new.
    One look at Overstock's laptops is good enough to have me running from them. Used, refurbished, and stupid his prices for way out of date models -- who falls for that??? One walk into CompUSA, Circuit City, etc, will show that for your $500, you can buy a modern machine as opposed to someone's used 4 year old clunker!
    When I unplug my Treo from the charger I notice my battery bar that spans the top of my screen goes down a notch. Power on this thing is finicky at best. I'm using an extended battery which doesn't seem to give me much more juice than the stock. But then again, I've never managed to completely drain the thing (though it's come close). It's weird because it will say my battery is, for example, at 35%, but then it will pop up to 45% 20 minutes later.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    It's weird because it will say my battery is, for example, at 35%, but then it will pop up to 45% 20 minutes later.
    That's how the extended battery works. In my case, it usually pops up to around 51% when I am around the 30-35% mark.

In my case, my 2400mAh Seidio battery lasts me just under 3 days of heavy text usage and moderate internet usage and about 2 1/2 days when I talk for some time.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo650Man View Post
    You're a brave man Ori. They don't even say what capacity the battery is... Is everything they sell new? How do you know it's not a regular capacity battery that is perhaps used or has sat on the shelf so long that it's lost a lot of its capacity.

I only buy batteries from people I trust sell a lot of them and sell them brand new.

i've used overstock alot and never had a problem.

their battery couldn't be worse than my current OEM that drains faster than....well you know.
    well I turned the phone connection on and off and stopped the phone program from the running apps list, that seems to have helped.