Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I just bought Pocket-DVD Studio 3.5 and have loaded one movie on my treo. The problem is, I have tried other DVD's that I own and when i try and copy them it gives me a message that the DVD is copy rite protected.
    , And won't allow it.

Does anyone know of any software that will get me past this to where i can copy the CD to my SD card? I don't want to resell the movies, I only want to watch the movies on my treo.

Thanks,
    Strange, I have ripped 5 movies with PocketDVD and have not encountered that problem, Using Version 1.62, 3.0, and 4.0.

The 4 Harry Potter Movies and Monsters, Inc.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/23/2007 at 08:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I don't think i'm doing it wrong, I did the first one with no problems, But now every DVD tells me the same thing. I've been looking at software that will burn copy protected DVD's But i don't want to spend $59.00 on top of the $32.00
    Check out the freeware program listed in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...55&postcount=2

or check this thread out:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=pocketdvd

Have you contacted PocketDVD support to ask what is up? . . . .if they can verify that those titles will not copy --- or if there is a setting that is out of wack. . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/23/2007 at 09:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    No i haven't contacted them yet. I'll look at those sites also, And thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by 240zron View Post
    No i haven't contacted them yet. I'll look at those sites also, And thanks for the help.
    I re-read that you just bought version 3.5, I think you get a free upgrade to 4.0 -- you never know -- the latest version may not have a problem with those disks.
    I used this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...FairUse+Wizard

I followed Tony's instructions and the movies came out perfect...

Perry,
    I'm watching HP (The Goblet of Fire), with my two little ones as I type. They are obsessed with these movies!! My five year old keeps saying she's going to marry Harry. I guess these will be my next ripping project...
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Sony Tristar movies and some others use aggressive copy protection. Do a google search for DVD43 and try that app. It works on a lot of DVDs, though not all of them. I alway felt it was obnoxious that movie companies don't want us watching movies on our Treos. But apparently they don't, because you can't legaly buy movies in a Treo compatible format.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I used this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...FairUse+Wizard

I followed Tony's instructions and the movies came out perfect...

Perry,
    I'm watching HP (The Goblet of Fire), with my two little ones as I type. They are obsessed with these movies!! My five year old keeps saying she's going to marry Harry. I guess these will be my next ripping project...

As you could tell from my "4 Harry Potter Movies and Monster's Inc" above list of recent movies ripped -- my selections of late have been for the offspring. I think we watched all of #3 while waiting in line for the midnight showing of #4 . . . . . . LOL.

Monster's Inc is a great pacifier for the 3 year old niece. . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    As you could tell from my "4 Harry Potter Movies and Monster's Inc" above list of recent movies ripped -- my selections of late have been for the offspring. I think we watched all of #3 while waiting in line for the midnight showing of #4 . . . . . . LOL.

Monster's Inc is a great pacifier for the 3 year old niece. . . . .
    I'm just thankful they're starting to make movies that appeal to all ages. With a 14, 11, 5 and 2 year old, it's difficult to have a "family" night when the only movies available are "baby" cartoons. With Monster's Inc., Shrek, Nemo and movies like Harry Potter, we can ALL watch and be entertained together.
    anydvd will unlock any DVD on the fly and works silently in the background. Once you get it setup, you won't even notice it running. Its not free, but it allows you to use any other 3rd party software to access the data on the DVD in realtime without encryption. They make updates regularly to keep up with the new encryption schemes.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I contacted there costmer service and I'm awaiting a reply from them. I would like to be able to use the software that i paid for. I guess i should have done a little more research before buying.
    I hadn't even thought of the copyright protection before buying. (had a brain f*rt) I hope they will do something for me, If not, I guess I will learn from my mistakes.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Well i wrote them an email asking for advice. They answered my email within 10 minutes and resolved my problems. That's what i call GREAT costmer care.

I will buy from them again
    Thank you PQDVD Support Team
    And thank you guys for your help
    Excellent.

(Support must be overseas, if they were answering within 10 minutes just after midnight EST in the US!)