1.    #1  
    I'm looking for as much Today Screen real estate as possible. Is there a program, or setting to remove this line on the today screen with the Network name and Bluetooth Icon?
    They're just tech Toys Folks, There IS a higher power.
    Here is a hack that hides that line, but it also hides the contact search bar and bluetooth icon. I attached the file for your reference (just remove the .txt). You just need to install the cab file then go into the Today preferences and check off the hidelogocab11 hack and also disable the today search plugin.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by brmcguire; 01/23/2007 at 06:56 PM.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  3.    #3  
    That's great- I don't use the Contact search bar line anyways. Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    brmcguire, Double check your executable file attachment. It's not in real cab form (text only whether you change the name or not), but I searched the name, and found it over at Mobility Today. Thanks for trying - it's working now.
    How bout posting the file for the rest of us?
    That's odd. Must be the way I uploaded the file.

Here is the link.

http://mavick.com/f/hidelogocab11.cab
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Thanks Works great
    Sorry for this nobb question, but if I install this would i be able to use the contact search at all? I keep mine hidden anyway, but I do use it when I'm looking for a contact (how you can just start typing the name and it shows up). Would that not happen if I install this?

Thanks
    yes. it pops up when you start typing
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Its like the cingular logo is attached to the searxh bar. So when you type to find your contact, the search bar pops up, with the cingular bar above.
    I can't seem to get this to work. Installed the program and do not use the web search plugin. Logo remains. Is there another piece of this I'm missing? Thanks.
    Jer 23:29
    did you enable the hidelogo today plugin?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Did you forget to goto the soft-key MENU | Preferences | Hide Lookup Field.
    Also try:
    click up on the DPad while in the today screen or
    refresh the today screen or
    soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    Did you forget to goto the soft-key MENU | Preferences | Hide Lookup Field.
    Thanks - that was not in the original post.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I tried the hidelogo and it worked wonderfully, except for one thing. Now my date won't show on the today screen. What gives? Anyone else with this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    I tried the hidelogo and it worked wonderfully, except for one thing. Now my date won't show on the today screen. What gives? Anyone else with this problem?
    I'd like to get remove the Cingular/BT line as well since it doesn't appear to do anything other than take up valuable real estate. I want to keep the date bar as well since it's much more functional.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I really like the information in the Carrier Line and definitely want to keep it. I also like having the date on my Today Screen.
    However, with only 240 pixels, it is hard to justify using up two lines on my Today Screen.

What I would really like to do is the Customize the Carrier Line to include the Date..... something like this photoshopped Today Screen would be ideal:-

Does anyone have any ideas about how this could be achieved ?
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    You can use a number of utilities that will trade out the time on top for date, or even add date with time. Tweaks2k2.net for example.