Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone just use email with the 750 for just IMAP and POP3 accounts? It seems like the email is terribly buggy for those. If for some reason it doesn't connect it seem like it throws up a dialog complaining and is then just stuck not doing anything. Once you acknowledge the dialog, it then often seems to get stuck into continuously connecting and disconnecting constantly (of course draining the battery much faster).

    I've tried this on both the Vodaphone and Cingular 750's and they both do this. Makes it pretty useless for me for automatically checking mail. Anyone else seeing this?

    And no, I don't want to use a hosted exchange solution, thanks.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  2. #2  
    I use it for multiple accounts and have no problems at all. But I havnt had a notification pop up saying it cant connect.... mine connects everytime.
  3.    #3  
    How often do you check? I want mine to check fairly infrequently. I have it set to 60 minutes (which is the highest it will let me go), but it seems to check much more frequently than that. Are you using both IMAP and POP3?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4. #4  
    bcalis, i have had my 750 for a week. No problems with it checking emails. I did have a problem with alot of dropped calls(switching from u signal to g signal,). Cingular replaced the phone today and no issues with the email accounts on the new phone.
  5.    #5  
    My issue isn't really that it might not connect sometimes, that's OK. My issue is what is the darn thing doing?

    I have three account defined. Two IMAPs, one POP3. In the options section of the account setup for all three, none have it set to check.

    When you go into email for an account, there is a menu entry for "Delivery Preferences". This can be set differently in each of the three accounts.

    I have one account set to check for email every 60 minutes. The other two are set not to check (the checkbox is unchecked).

    I hear my little email tone go off. I check and account 3 (set to not check, it's a POP3 account) now has email waiting?!? It went and got email for something I didn't want it to. I've checked both the Cingular and Vodaphone versions and they do the same thing. What on earth is the software doing. It seems to completely ignore the settings.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6. Manaz101's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #6  
    That's funny cuz i've set up a POP3 account and i purposely left unchecked the connect and check for new emails box because i want to check them whenever i need to not on a regular basis. And low and behold i read this thread and was just going to comment on how my 750V does just what it's told, but when i checked my inbox i had 49 new emails! Past 2 days worth, so i guess it's been connecting are intervals and not even notifying me that i have new emails! I checked my setting and by all accounts i don't see where/why it would connect and download new emails...........
  7.    #7  
    Yup. I just can't believe the software is this bad. The thing behaves like voodoo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz101 View Post
    That's funny cuz i've set up a POP3 account and i purposely left unchecked the connect and check for new emails box because i want to check them whenever i need to not on a regular basis. And low and behold i read this thread and was just going to comment on how my 750V does just what it's told, but when i checked my inbox i had 49 new emails! Past 2 days worth, so i guess it's been connecting are intervals and not even notifying me that i have new emails! I checked my setting and by all accounts i don't see where/why it would connect and download new emails...........
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  8. #8  
    I dont have that problem... I do occassionally get the can't connect message which then keeps it from connecting until I acknowledge which is annoying, but its normally due to a bad connection.

    My question is, does anyone know how to make the email "sleep" lets say at night time so i dont hear it recieve messages all night???? Chatter I could set to sleep and not sync during certain periods
  9. #9  
    There's a bug I discovered where there are TWO different places you set up the checking interval:
    Menu>Tools>Options>(account)>next>next>next>Options>
    Also:
    Menu>DeliveryPreferences

    Both of these spots have the identical options for chosing how often you connect and how much mail you download, etc.
    But if you go in to the account in to the options and set it up, you'll notice that when you go in to Menu>DeliverPreferences they don't match.

    As far as I can tell Menu>DeliveryPreferences doesn't work. You have to go all the way in to the account settings and in to the options and set it there.

    So this MAY be a source of your problems as far as controling how often it connects. Make sure you disable scheduled sync in both places.

    I use Yahoo POP and mail2web IMAP. I have the occasional failed connectoin to mail2web, but I blame them as they seem flaky lately. Otherwise it's pretty solid to me.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  10.    #10  
    All of the options in the first case are set to not automatically connect. The menu delivery preferences is set to get mail for one account, the other two accounts are set to not get mail. It still gets mail for all three accounts. My problem isn't not getting mail, the problem is it's getting too much! It just doesn't work correctly.

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    There's a bug I discovered where there are TWO different places you set up the checking interval:
    Menu>Tools>Options>(account)>next>next>next>Options>
    Also:
    Menu>DeliveryPreferences

    Both of these spots have the identical options for chosing how often you connect and how much mail you download, etc.
    But if you go in to the account in to the options and set it up, you'll notice that when you go in to Menu>DeliverPreferences they don't match.

    As far as I can tell Menu>DeliveryPreferences doesn't work. You have to go all the way in to the account settings and in to the options and set it there.

    So this MAY be a source of your problems as far as controling how often it connects. Make sure you disable scheduled sync in both places.

    I use Yahoo POP and mail2web IMAP. I have the occasional failed connectoin to mail2web, but I blame them as they seem flaky lately. Otherwise it's pretty solid to me.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Does anyone just use email with the 750 for just IMAP
    Yes. I have a fastmail account set up on my 750 and everything seemed to be working fine for the past three weeks. But for some reason I've been unable to send email from my fastmail 750, and my sent emails are all backlogged in the outbox.

    The error message I get reads: "The message(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again."

    a) I do have network coverage, and even used internet explorer on 750 to go into the webmail version of Fastmail and send emails to make sure it isn't a Fastmail problem, and b) the send mail features has been working just fine for the past three weeks and I made no changes to account settings.

    Thoughts?
    Off to iPhone land...
  12. #12  
    I have several POP3 accounts through earthlink. Is there an email client that will go out and pull down all the accounts at once? Currently I have to go into each account and hit "send/receive". I prefer not to set them to automatically connect at an interval...just manually.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  13. holmes4's Avatar
    Posts
    982 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #13  
    I use it for IMAP. I do sometimes see in the log that it can't connect, but most of the time it does. I do have a tweak that turns off the data connection 10 minutes after last use, so it has to reestablish itself. For some reason, the auto-fetch has a problem with this at times.

Posting Permissions