Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I saw some posts with some nifty Mortscript scripts to control the LED. Pretty neat!

But my question: Is there a registry setting for JUST the "missed call" notification? I'd like the LED to flash when I have a missed call, not for all other notifications (e-mail, sms, etc).

Is this possible? I tried PhoneAlarm (by Pocketnet), but it's overkill for what I need.
    If theres a reg tweak no one knows about it.
    A mort- script could be put together just for missed call im sure.
    update
    I took A look in the notify folder.no keys were present That I could attache just missed call.
    you may want to post your question in--Fun with mortscript thread located
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132525
    Last edited by slingbox; 01/23/2007 at 06:53 PM. Reason: update
    Give me 5...
    hmm missed call notifacation softkey or pop up message.I will take as look
    Ok, after a lot of testing and several mods I think I have it.

Code:
    #
    # NLED.mscr - Monitors notifications and turns on and off the notification LED accordingly.
    #   This version specifically checks for missed calls only
    #

# check dependencies
    If ( NOT FileExists( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe" ) )
       Message ( "Installation of LEDUp.exe is required! Exiting...", "NLED script" )
       Exit
    EndIf

# initialize variables
    LedOn = FALSE
    Notify = FALSE

# start notification check loop
    While ( 1 )

# check the registry for any notifications
       If ( RegValueExists( "HKLM", "System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active", "CLSID" ) )
    # Check if it's a missed call
          CLSID = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active", "CLSID" )
          If ( CLSID eq "{A877D660-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408}" )
             Notify = TRUE
          EndIf
       Else
          # Only turn off notify when no notifications are active.  We don't want a new
          # notificatin turn off the LED when there was missed call
          Notify = FALSE
       EndIf

# turn on the led if it was determined there was a missed call.  Keep turning on cuz
    # the OS turns it off whenever there is a new notification.
       If ( Notify )
          RunWait( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "0 1" )
          LedOn = TRUE
       EndIf

# turn off the led if no notifications are pending
       If ( LedOn && NOT Notify )
          RunWait( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "0 0" )
          LedOn = FALSE
       EndIf

# wait 5 seconds
       Sleep( 5000 )

EndWhile
    I renamed the script to NLEDm.mscr. Copy it to your MortScript folder and paste a shortcut of it to \Windows\Startup. If you have a shortcut of the old NLED.mscr in startup delete it. Soft reset and you are good to go.

Of course you need to install MortScript first if you don't have it installed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Great work han.
    What I missed
    # turn on the led if it was determined there was a missed call. Keep turning on cuz
  7.    #7  
    Wow!

You guys are great!!

I'll give the new script a try. Thanks so much.
    Hannip, I'm sure you're tired of taking requests, but is it possible, through this script or something similar, to have the LED blink for all notifications with the exception of voicemail? Or is that too specific?

I just know there's times when I get a voicemail but I just don't want to check it yet. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Hannip, I'm sure you're tired of taking requests, but is it possible, through this script or something similar, to have the LED blink for all notifications with the exception of voicemail? Or is that too specific?

I just know there's times when I get a voicemail but I just don't want to check it yet. Thanks!
    Yes, but the software shop is closed until Thursday. Hope you can wait that long.

Just to get this straight. You don't want to be notified for voicemail, but you do for everything else. Does that include missed calls? Cuz missed calls usually coincide with voicemail. You are goiing to have to be more specific on what to do about missed calls w/o voicemail vs missed calls w/ voicemail.
    Last edited by hannip; 01/23/2007 at 11:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yes, but the software shop is closed until Thursday. Hope you can wait that long.

Just to get this straight. You don't want to be notified for voicemail, but you do for everything else. Does that include missed calls? Cuz missed calls usually coincide with voicemail. You are goiing to have to be more specific on what to do about missed calls w/o voicemail vs missed calls w/ voicemail.
    Thursday (or later) is absolutely fine with me. Thanks for even considering to take the time to do this!

Ideally I'd like to have the notification for everything but voicemail (missed calls included), but I'd be happy with notifications for just SMS and email if I can forego the voicemail LED. I guess I'm just weird in that sometimes I avoid checking my voicemails when I purposely avoided the call So, for example, if I get a missed call and a subsequent voicemail, when I check for the missed call (but still have the voicemail), the LED would stop blinking.

Thanks again hannip!
    Oh I see. hmm, yeah that's gonna be a little tricky but I'll see what I can do.
    I got a request as well. I call it the multi-multiswitch.

1. I would like it to do the folder option when in poutlook.
    2. I would like it to go to pie home page when using pie.
    3. I would like it to toggle keylight when on any other app. or at least today screen.
    4. and I would like it to give me the flasking leds as well. flash for all notifications.
    5. I would like it to take out the trash for me on wednesday mornings.

if you could get at least 4 out of 5 that would be great. thursday morning would be fine as well. lol

thanks, cody
    You already have 3 of those. So you just want to add PIE to home function in your existing multiswitch script, correct?

For notifications it's already done. Get it from the Fun with Mortscript thread.
  14.    #14  
    hannip,

Your mortscript code works perfectly! Thank you SO much for taking the time to do that. I hope many others find it useful!
    glad to be of service
    So you just want to add PIE to home function in your existing multiswitch script, correct?

yes please.

maybe even voice record when you are in the notes app.

I have multi set to the side button. I love how you've allowed this key to do so many different things at different times. i'm just wondering how much more it can do?
    Ok, here is the script kaiguy requested. It turns on the led for any notification other than voicemail. If there are missed calls along with voicemail the missed calls will have to be acknowledged before the led will turn off. You do this by either viewing the notification (left softkey) or opening the call log.

Code:
    #
    # NLED.mscr - Monitors notifications and turns on and off the notification LED accordingly.
    #   This version turns on led for all notifications except voice mail.
    #

# check dependencies
    If ( NOT FileExists( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe" ) )
       Message ( "Installation of LEDUp.exe is required! Exiting...", "NLED script" )
       Exit
    EndIf

# initialize variables
    LedOn = FALSE
    Notify = FALSE
    MissedCallsID = "{A877D660-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408}"
    MissedCalls = "Missed Calls"
    Voicemail = "Voicemail"

# start notification check loop
    While ( 1 )

# check the registry for any notifications
       If ( RegValueExists( "HKLM", "System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active", "CLSID" ) )

# Check if it's a missed call
          CLSID = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active", "CLSID" )

If ( CLSID eq MissedCallsID )

# Check if it's a missed call with voicemail. If so check if the missed calls have
    # been dismissed.  If so turn off the notification.
             ID = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active", "ID" )
             TodaySK = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Shell\Notifications\" & MissedCallsID & "\" & ID, "TodaySK" )
             MissedCount = RegRead( "HKCU", "System\State\Phone", "Missed Call Count" )

If ( TodaySK eq Voicemail && MissedCount = 0 )
                Notify = FALSE
             Else
                Notify = TRUE
             EndIf
          Else
             Notify = TRUE
          EndIf
       Else
          # There are no pending notifications
          Notify = FALSE
       EndIf

# turn on the led if it was determined there was a missed call.  Keep turning on cuz
    # the OS turns it off whenever there is a new notification.
       If ( Notify )
          RunWait( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "0 1" )
          LedOn = TRUE
       EndIf

# turn off the led if no notifications are pending
       If ( LedOn && NOT Notify )
          RunWait( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "0 0" )
          LedOn = FALSE
       EndIf

# wait 5 seconds
       Sleep( 5000 )

EndWhile
    Here is the script zipped up.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ok, here is the script kaiguy requested. It turns on the led for any notification other than voicemail. If there are missed calls along with voicemail the missed calls will have to be acknowledged before the led will turn off. You do this by either viewing the notification (left softkey) or opening the call log.
    Hannip... what can I say? You're awesome! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this up!! Can't wait to give this a whirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    yes please.

maybe even voice record when you are in the notes app.

I have multi set to the side button. I love how you've allowed this key to do so many different things at different times. i'm just wondering how much more it can do?
    Cody, are you using PIEPlus now? I've assigned my side button to go to the home page and it works fine for me. And outside of PIE the side button does what it did before. To get MortScript to do it I'd need to simulate what PIEPlus is doing. Do you know what the key combo is?

The alternative is to have MortScript press a softkey to bounce out of fullscreen mode then click menu and home. That is not as nice as having a key sequence to do it without bouncing out of fullscreen. And if you aren't in fullscreen, how is the script suppose to know that and do things differently?

So hook me up with that key sequence or just use PIEPlus.
  20. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I know this is probably a stupid question to you guys but could someone tell me what MortScript is & where to get it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast