Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    I currently own the Verizon Treo700W and pay out the wazzo for data. I have heard several different prices for Sprint data plans and I'm confused.

    How much is it for unlimited data on Sprint? I've seen or heard 5, 15, 20, and 40 bucks depending on the source. Their brocures are pretty confusing too.
  2. #2  
    In general power vision is going to be $15.00 unlimited. If you are lucky or get a retention plan you can get it for $5.00
  3. #3  
    What volwrath said. I pay $15 for unlimited.
  4.    #4  
    What is the SERO plan then?
  5. #5  
    The SERO plan includes free powervision I believe. It's a great deal if you can get it setup. 500 mins, unlimited powervision, $30 a month. $60 for 1250 minutes and unlimited power vision. I think there's more that comes with it, but I'm not sure.
  6. #6  
    SERO plans:
    $30/mo for 500 minutes
    $50/mo for 1250 minutes
    $100/mo for 2500 minutes

    All SERO plans include:
    Unlimited Sprint Power Vision
    Unlimited N&W @ 7PM (I got mine at 9PM--oh well)
    Unlimited M2M
    Unlimited Roaming/long distance
    And everything else normal with a wireless account.

    They are pretty amazing deals when you consider you're getting unlimited data for free (not even mentioning the minutes are great for the price as well).
  7. #7  
    who is eleigible for these sero plans??
  8. #8  
    The idea behind it is if you know someone (Sprint Employee Referral Program). But in reality you simply need to know the email address of a Sprint employee. Try using google, then go to http://www.sprint.com/sero.
  9. #9  
    Sero Owns.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

    Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

    Love both
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    What is the SERO plan then?
    I have sprint data (treo) but verizon voice (e-815).

    Sero includes the plans above... there is a SERO thread here:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106778

    Basically, if you have never had sprint before and log in to the site with an email address, you can order a phone. Like my treo was $316.00 shipped, with rebates of $150... and it looks like I'll get the $75 kellogs rebate or another $100 (with the $150 rebate... don't know yet).

    For me it was a no brainer.... data for $30 a month and I don't have to give up the excellent reception on my e-815 for voice. I already carry two devices, so no biggie. although, my verizon contract is up in July 07, so I might dump them then.... dunno.

    But grab something like pdanet and you can tether to your laptop....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  11. H_D
    H_D is offline
    H_D's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    SERO plans:
    $30/mo for 500 minutes
    $50/mo for 1250 minutes
    $100/mo for 2500 minutes

    All SERO plans include:
    Unlimited Sprint Power Vision
    Unlimited N&W @ 7PM (I got mine at 9PM--oh well)
    Unlimited M2M
    Unlimited Roaming/long distance
    And everything else normal with a wireless account.

    They are pretty amazing deals when you consider you're getting unlimited data for free (not even mentioning the minutes are great for the price as well).
    Kaiguy,I just got the SERO500 plan the same day I switched to Sprint & they initially gave me nights starting at 9pm too. However,after reviewing it with a cust srvc rep a few days later,we reviewed the current SERO plans at www.sprint.com/sero & they saw that there are actually 2 different versions to the SERO plan in their system. They selected the old SERO 500 in their system & they charged me $5.00 extra for nights to start at 7pm. Just give them a call to have it switched because it IS actually part of the $30 SERO 500 plan.
  12. #12  
    Ok, ok. I'm a little late to this party. I just spent the last 40 minutes reading everything I could find about SERO plans... these threads, other forums, Sprint.com, googling @sprint.com email addresses.

    How hard is it REALLY to do this? I mean, clearly, it's worth it... but as a customer for a while (since 2002) my contract is up in April, I believe... I would need to call *2 to do all this, so does anyone have any pertinent tips? As in, anything to do this successfully right now? I found a lot of info from last year, a few months ago, etc...

    Are there key phrases to use in the call? I was planning on being completely honest and just saying that I've been happy for the most part, but I am able to switch carriers in April, have been investigating other options... I actually did meet a really great Sprint employee in a store the other day, but neglected to get his email address... stupid or not altogether necessary?

    Everyone seems so pleased with SERO... I wanna play too!
    END OF LINE
  13. #13  
    You can even call sprint and ask for the sales reps reference for SERO is what I heard.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

    Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

    Love both
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    You can even call sprint and ask for the sales reps reference for SERO is what I heard.
    Interesting... anyone else able to confirm such a thing? Thanks, Achilles -
    END OF LINE
  15. Kash76's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    #15  
    How much for add a line on SERO?
    Kash76

    Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
  16. #16  
    Just called CS about switching to SERO... shut down. Friendly, but shut down. They asked that the employee refer me personally to the specific dept. relating to that plan...

    Tips? Other than calling right back? Is it worth it to go in person and hope I can convince someone to refer me?

    I don't want to call too often, in the hopes of getting someone who will do it, because I don't want Sprint to flag my account as one trying to do something not through the proper channels...
    END OF LINE
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Kaiguy,I just got the SERO500 plan the same day I switched to Sprint & they initially gave me nights starting at 9pm too. However,after reviewing it with a cust srvc rep a few days later,we reviewed the current SERO plans at www.sprint.com/sero & they saw that there are actually 2 different versions to the SERO plan in their system. They selected the old SERO 500 in their system & they charged me $5.00 extra for nights to start at 7pm. Just give them a call to have it switched because it IS actually part of the $30 SERO 500 plan.
    That's definitely worth a shot. But I've had my SERO plan for about 4 months now... I don't know if they'd be willing to switch it over. Every rep I talk to who looks at my plan is amazed at how good it is...
  18. H_D
    H_D is offline
    H_D's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Just called CS about switching to SERO... shut down. Friendly, but shut down. They asked that the employee refer me personally to the specific dept. relating to that plan...

    Tips? Other than calling right back? Is it worth it to go in person and hope I can convince someone to refer me?

    I don't want to call too often, in the hopes of getting someone who will do it, because I don't want Sprint to flag my account as one trying to do something not through the proper channels...
    The 1st time I spoke with someone,they denied me also. I called back & told them that a friend of mine who works for Spint refered me to the SERO plan. Then he looked it up & added it.
  19. #19  
    I'm still getting jerked around.... on hold right now, again, and they're telling me I can't have SERO, but they'll find a plan that works for me... whatever...

    This whole thing is starting to become a headache...
    END OF LINE
  20. #20  
    Well, I didn't get a SERO plan. I started to see the futility in the activity and to be honest, I don't have the social engineering chops I wish I did to pull it off.

    I did make out ok, though, when all was said and done.

    I was paying approx. 80-85 a month for 700 voice minutes, power vision, nights after 9, 300 sms messages, with TEP. I told the rep I wasn't happy with the kind of coverage I got in my new area (moved a little while ago) and that I need to "do something about it". I of course, suggested the SERO option, but he wasn't really having that, but to his credit, did come back with a decent offer.

    I had to do a little more talking than I expected, but for the same amount of money per month, I now have 900 minutes, nights after 7pm, free m2m, free roaming across US, free LD, free 500 sms, my TEP is still there, and power vision is 10 bucks instead of 15!

    Now I know that some of you will be thinking, oh, you should have pushed, you could have had SERO, but you know what? I got exactly what I needed, and I guess that's good enough. Would it be nice to have the other plan? Of course, and I'll always be thinking about it. But what I have now (and I do mean now, he switched it INSTANTLY) is more than adequate, and I think will suit my needs just fine.

    Plus, who knows? Maybe I end up being friends with someone from Sprint at some point and SERO is there for the taking.

    Frankly, I can't even believe I just got off the phone with CS and I'm still in a good mood.
    END OF LINE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions