1.    #1  
    Just wondered if anyone knows why my USB ports somtimes respond to ActiveSync and sometimes they do not. I have three USB ports. I can quite happily be syncing using one. I then shut my computer down and when I restart I plug my 750 into the same USB port I was using before shut down and nothing happens. ActiveSync does not fire up. I then unplug the cable and put it in another USB port and bingo, ActiveSync fires up.

Why does it suddenly stop reponding to one port but will respond to another????

I have just switched from Palm OS and Hotsync and I am still trying to figure out ActiveSync, so I'm not sure if I should be doing something such as closing a process on a USB port before I disconnect or something like that. For example, is it okay to just unplug the cable? What if you unplug it by accident when ActiveSync is syncing. Is there a dummies guide to ActiveSync anywhere?....etc.etc.

Hope someone can help or point me in the right direction to find out more info.

Cheers

Agg
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    You're not alone. I'm having the same problem and it's getting more annoying every day. Are you using the ActiveSync 4.5 Beta? I've heard that this may be culprit.
  3.    #3  
    No, I'm using Version 4.2.0 (Build 4875 if that helps).

Someone has advised me that if I do a soft reset I should be able to use the USB port I have just been using. I did try that and it worked but this hardly seems like a satisfactory solution to me. It will be impractical having to do that all the time!
    mine stops responding halfway through the day... i have to reboot my PC to get it to work again... the soft reset didn't work for me... I am on 4.2 as well.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I am having the same issue and it is quite annoying. I have a cradle that makes it a bit dificult to reach the soft-reset button while docked - but it does seem to recognize the device on ActiveSync (4.2) when the 750 "boots" while docked.

It still seems like a pretty lame workaround - but it has been working for me. Better to reset the device than to have to reboot my PC.
    I have the same problem with the previous version of the Microsoft Notebook Mouse. It may be an OS thing with an MS maintenance upqrade haven partially broken the USB port connection. It never used a driver.