1.    #1  
    I have searched high and low but for the life of me I haven't been able to find an user manual or instruction sheet for AE Button Plus. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and got it to work but have had some button assignment issues. For instance, the three options for setting up a button are "1. Do not touch it"; "2. Unbind only"; or "3. Handle by AEBPlus". What does the "Unbind only" option do?

I could only find the most basic instructions on the developer's website. I really like the potential uses for this program, I would just really like to find some kind of operator's manual to work through all the options.

TIA,

Russ
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicaffair View Post
    I have searched high and low but for the life of me I haven't been able to find an user manual or instruction sheet for AE Button Plus. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and got it to work but have had some button assignment issues. For instance, the three options for setting up a button are "1. Do not touch it"; "2. Unbind only"; or "3. Handle by AEBPlus". What does the "Unbind only" option do?

I could only find the most basic instructions on the developer's website. I really like the potential uses for this program, I would just really like to find some kind of operator's manual to work through all the options.

TIA,

Russ

I echo your sentiments. Although I love AE Button Plus, (it turns my useless side button into a 4 function super button, for example) I too would like a manual to help me out. Some stuff I have figured out from trial and error (like how to add the side button as a regular 4 function AEBP option so single, double, triple, and long presses would work). However, a manual for things like the "unbinding" would be very useful.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    levinda, how did you use the side button with 4 functionality levels? I thought that it only responded to long-press even in AE Buttons. What's the trick/method you used?
    Yeah, please share if you could
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Go to Add Button on the file menu and tap the side button when prompted. It will create a new entry that you can use for Single tap, but for long hold you'll have to use the "Hold Side" entry that's already there.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Go to Add Button on the file menu and tap the side button when prompted. It will create a new entry that you can use for Single tap, but for long hold you'll have to use the "Hold Side" entry that's already there.
    Correct. The "new button" is added to the bottom of the list and on my 700w is called "Button #40C7"
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    thank you! finally a usable side button
    i use a double tap of my ok button to switch to my next application. its very useful except activesync and phone come up. on the ae button website they say "You may apply filters to hide annoying applications (e.g. Phone.)" does anyone know how to do this? i assume options > taskman exceptions but then what do i do?

also, when i set something as long press it always does the action of double tap.
    Quote Originally Posted by allen2oo3 View Post
    i use a double tap of my ok button to switch to my next application. its very useful except activesync and phone come up. on the ae button website they say "You may apply filters to hide annoying applications (e.g. Phone.)" does anyone know how to do this? i assume options > taskman exceptions but then what do i do?also, when i set something as long press it always does the action of double tap.
    Correct. Just type in the text filed and keep adding things to the list. Use the name of the window, NOT the application file. For example use:

Phone
    Programs
    Settings
    Messaging
    MyEmailAccount

or whatver the "annoying" winodw is called when you bring up the AE tak manager.

The long press of the side button you added should be set as the same action as the single press of the "hold side button", which is a separate entry on the main button choice menu.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net