1.    #1  
    Since acquiring my Cingular 750 last week, I have noticed an annoying electronic clicking/humming noise curiously reminiscent of the William Tell Overture (the Lone Ranger Theme, for the unwashed illiterati ). This humming occurs over my PCs speakers, the car radio, and the office phone/intercom whenever my Treo 750 is near any of them. It also causes my PC monitor to desync itself (for lack of a better term) whenever the humming occurs. This interference does not happen continuously, but it seems to precede an incoming phone call 90% of the time.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is ths unique to the Treo 750, or is it perhaps a GSM phone thing (this is my first GSM device)?

Thanks
    I think it's pretty common on GSM phones. This is my second one and they have both done it. Plus, I've heard similar stories from a number of other GSM users.
    yup. i actually stopped using gsm, due to this. it would make my alarm clock make noise all night, and I couldnt use the phone next to someone on a landline, or they couldnt hear. i have always been surprised that this never bothered anyone else.
    Had that noise for many years now... It sucks.. at home no effect, at work I can barely use landline within 5 feet.
    UMTS/HSDPA does NOT suffer from these noises. Good thing I'm blanketed in 3G
    It must affect only certain phones... my T-Mobile SDA did not have this problem, but my Treo has this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    UMTS/HSDPA does NOT suffer from these noises. Good thing I'm blanketed in 3G
    I am in 3G coverage and I still get the interference.
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanvision View Post
    I am in 3G coverage and I still get the interference.
    Check your phone, its probably fluctuating between G and U. Happens to me all the time, which is why I'm not really happy about the 3G coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by yukster View Post
    It must affect only certain phones... my T-Mobile SDA did not have this problem, but my Treo has this problem.
    It has a lot to do with the frequency (band) that the GSM phone is using. T-Mobile uses different (higher) frequencies in most cases.
    I could be wrong but I believe 800Mhz is where you get the interference. 1900Mhz you will not.

3G doesn't do it because it's a wide band broadcast as opposed to a more pulse-like (TDMA) broadcast on GSM.