Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1.    #1  
    I am syncing with my work and home computers using Activesync 4.2. I use Bluetooth to do this and for the most part it works great. I sync the calendar, notes, contacts, and tasks - not email on either machine.

    My problem is this: I can sync at home with no problem, then go to work and sync with no problem - when I come back home to sync it tells me that I can only sync with 2 computers and I'm already doing that so I have to delete one sync relationshiop to add another (even though I'm on one of the 2 sync relationships)

    I can delete the relationship and add it back and then it syncs ok - it just takes awhile since it is doing it for what it thinks is the first time.

    Anyone have this problem or know what I can do to make it work without the "delete sync relationship" problem?

    Thanks,
    Shannon
    Last edited by scollins; 01/30/2007 at 09:41 PM.
  2.    #2  
    UPDATE:
    Apparently it's not just happening at home. This morning when I got to work it forced me to delete the "work" sync relationship (even though I'm on the same computer as before) and start over with a brand new relationship. I can't figure out why it wouldn't recognize it as the same machine...
    Any ideas/opinions?
    Thanks,
    Shannon
  3.    #3  
    Anyone got any ideas?

    I'm home now and had to "start over" here as well ....
  4. #4  
    I had the same issue with my setup, requiring reloading all contacts and calendar entries every time. I stopped syncing at my home machine until a new version of ActiveSync comes out that fixes it, hopefully.

    I also switched to using Exchange ActiveSync after reading some posts here and that's working very well actually. If your work runs Exchange Server, then I'd recommend that.
  5.    #5  
    Unfortunately exchange isn't an option for me at work right now. I use 4smartphone as a server for me email, but sync for contacts, calendar, etc. at home and work. Theoretically it should work fine (I think), but ... no luck yet. Maybe you're right and Activesync is the culprit.
    Thanks,
    Shannon
  6. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #6  
    Might be worth using the Active Sync 4.5 beta, I use that to sync my 750v both at home and at work
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Might be worth using the Active Sync 4.5 beta, I use that to sync my 750v both at home and at work
    Do you sync via Bluetooth? I sync both places via BT. I wouldn't think that would be a problem, but I'm not sure. I have done this with a Dell Axim for the past year w/o a problem and I had an older version of Activesync. Maybe I'll try the beta version to see if that clears anything up.
    Thanks,
    Shannon
  8.    #8  
    One further question ... I know that Activesync allows syncing with two computers, but is one of those taken by syncing me email with an exchange server? On the phone it appears that I have three current sync relationships (work, home, and server). Do you think this might be causing my problem? Is the exchange server taking up one of the two available "slots"?
    Just a thought.
    Shannon
  9. #9  
    At one point I had both PCs set up as well as exchange server so I don't think that's an issue.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdigital View Post
    At one point I had both PCs set up as well as exchange server so I don't think that's an issue.
    That's good news ... but ...

    I'm still having the problem and I've stopped syncing via BT just to see if that was causing an issue...It wasn't b/c I'm still having the same problem.

    I'm lost. I didn't have this issue even with an earlier version of Activesync and a Dell PDA ... can't figure this one out, but it is driving me nuts!

    Shannon
  11. #11  
    I sync both at work and at home. At home I sync with BT on a XP machine and at work I sync via USB on a WIN2000 box.

    The question I will ask is the name of your device the same on both of your PC's? When you pair up your device with AS, it takes the device name listed in the device ID tab in the Control Panel->System->About control panel. It sounds to me each PC you have is using a different name. For example when you sync at home your device is WM_<name>, when you sync at work because you already have a WM_<name> profile, you probably made a WM_<name>1.

    My advice is to start over. Delete all profiles on your home PC and on your device (in AS->Options). Notice the device id. When you go into work, delete the profiles before connecting your device in AS->File->Delete mobile device. When you connect again, AS will ask you to delete a profile, select the one that is NOT your home PC. After syncing, take notice of the device ID.

    After the work sync, everything should be set to come ome and connect to your home and work PC's.

    HTH!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the detailed instructions. I believe I followed everything exactly. I named the device "treo" and my home relationshiop "home". Before I did this I deleted all relationships on the treo (except for exchange) and also all bluetooth partnerships. Connected succesfully via cable and BT at home. I'll have to test tomorrow morning at work ... before I connect I'll delete all relationships at work ... then give it a try.

    Thanks - I'll report tomorrow.
    Shannon
  13.    #13  
    Well, I wish I had better news to report but I'm still having the same problem. I deleted all BT partnerships and Activesync relationships on the Treo, home computer, and work computer - but the problem is still there.
    It does rename my device to "WM-<name>" just like you said, but even after deleting "everything" the problem persists.

    Any other ideas?
    Thanks for your help.
    Shannon
  14.    #14  
    I have tried everything. I even went so far as to uninstall AS on both machines- re download and reinstall on both machines. Deleted (again) everything and tried again, both with just BT and with just cable and I am still getting the same results. I would love to get this figured out. I know I've posted a lot on it, but I keep hoping that someone can help.

    Please let me know if you have any advice.
    Thanks,
    Shannon
  15. #15  
    Not sure if they've covered this, but this is the windows mobile team's blog:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...e/2007/01.aspx

    Even though I sync over the air using Exchange Activesync (which continues to work excellently), I sync to my work machine for Notes and if I connect to my home machine to transfer some files, I get recognition issues. At this point I'm resigned to a fix in a future version, unless you find something.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdigital View Post
    Not sure if they've covered this, but this is the windows mobile team's blog:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...e/2007/01.aspx

    Even though I sync over the air using Exchange Activesync (which continues to work excellently), I sync to my work machine for Notes and if I connect to my home machine to transfer some files, I get recognition issues. At this point I'm resigned to a fix in a future version, unless you find something.
    Thanks for the blog link. I'll check it out.

    What bugs me the most is I had this working with a Dell PDA and an OLDER version of AS!

    I'm still on this quest!
  17.    #17  
    I tried upgrading to AS 4.5 beta 2 - no luck - same exact results...
  18. #18  
    Ok, I had the same problem. After a bunch of tries, this is what I have come up with.

    1. On the 750, go into Settings, About, then Device ID and change it to something you have not used before. That means that you can't have used it on either the Treo or either computer.

    2. Once that setting is changed, do a soft reset.

    3. On computer one, delete any and all partnerships. Reboot.

    4. On computer two, delete any and all partnerships. Reboot.

    5. Sync with computer one.

    6. Sync with computer two.

    That should do it. If it doesn't, repeat steps one thru 6 except on steps 3 and 4, do a total uninstall of ActiveSync and then reinstallation AFTER you delete all partnerships. I don't think you will have to do this, but it might help if it doesn't work.

    Now my problem is that because I formatted my second computer and had to import all the contacts and calendar items, it is giving me problems syncing with my Contacts (though not Calendar). It just won't do it. I've also tried deleting all Contacts and Calendar events from Outlook and tried to dump those from my Treo to my Outlook but it just won't do it.

    I hope this helps and if anyone has any advice for me, I would appreciate it.
    Palm III -> Palm m105 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 600 -> Unlocked GSM Treo 650 -> Unlocked GSM Treo 680 -> Cingular Treo 750 (now unlocked!)
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Ok, I had the same problem. After a bunch of tries, this is what I have come up with.

    1. On the 750, go into Settings, About, then Device ID and change it to something you have not used before. That means that you can't have used it on either the Treo or either computer.

    2. Once that setting is changed, do a soft reset.

    3. On computer one, delete any and all partnerships. Reboot.

    4. On computer two, delete any and all partnerships. Reboot.

    5. Sync with computer one.

    6. Sync with computer two.

    That should do it. If it doesn't, repeat steps one thru 6 except on steps 3 and 4, do a total uninstall of ActiveSync and then reinstallation AFTER you delete all partnerships. I don't think you will have to do this, but it might help if it doesn't work.

    Now my problem is that because I formatted my second computer and had to import all the contacts and calendar items, it is giving me problems syncing with my Contacts (though not Calendar). It just won't do it. I've also tried deleting all Contacts and Calendar events from Outlook and tried to dump those from my Treo to my Outlook but it just won't do it.

    I hope this helps and if anyone has any advice for me, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks alot for the detailed instructions. I'm following your instructions to the letter at home right now. I'll have to test at work in the morning, but I'll post my results.

    Thanks again,
    Shannon
  20. #20  
    Sounds great. I'm pretty sure you'll have no problem. Wish someone could help me with my grey contacts issue.
    Palm III -> Palm m105 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 600 -> Unlocked GSM Treo 650 -> Unlocked GSM Treo 680 -> Cingular Treo 750 (now unlocked!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions