Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    Sounds great. I'm pretty sure you'll have no problem. Wish someone could help me with my grey contacts issue.

I was so hoping that you were right. Unfortunately, I have exactly the same problem. I even skipped straight to the "hardcore" version of your post by uninstalling Activesync at home and at work and following you other instructions exactly and I've still got the same problem. This is a huge issue for me and I just can't get it to work right.

As always thanks for trying to help me out...

please help ....
    Yes, it looks like I spoke too soon. As I was trying to resolve my contacts issue, the problem resurfaced. I'll keep working on it and let you know. I might just cave in and set up Exchange Server on my office server. I noticed that one of the computers kept bringing up a profile that I had deleted from both. It looks to me that somehow it is remaining on the Treo after being wiped. I might possibly try a hard reset and try again. We'll see. Just afraid to try something that drastic, but I am getting kinda desperate here. I'll keep you informed.
    Palm III -> Palm m105 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 600 -> Unlocked GSM Treo 650 -> Unlocked GSM Treo 680 -> Cingular Treo 750 (now unlocked!)
  3.    #23  
    yes, please keep me posted. i am ready to throw this sucker against the wall!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Exchange server is the best way to go. 4smartphone or mail2web
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbamenra View Post
    Exchange server is the best way to go. 4smartphone or mail2web
    I am using 4smarthphone, but only for mail.

I have to use regular sycning for everything else, so I am trying desperately to get this figured out.
    I'm having the same issue trying to sync with 2 pc's. I deleted all partnerships from the device and pc's, renamed the device to something I haven't used. Sync'd with pc1 and then pc2, went bact to pc1 and it wanted to delete and reestablish a new partnership. This is very frustrating!!! I tried this with AS4.2 and AS4.5 Beta.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by robs24 View Post
    I'm having the same issue trying to sync with 2 pc's. I deleted all partnerships from the device and pc's, renamed the device to something I haven't used. Sync'd with pc1 and then pc2, went bact to pc1 and it wanted to delete and reestablish a new partnership. This is very frustrating!!! I tried this with AS4.2 and AS4.5 Beta.
    You have described my problem exactly and better than I did!

I have followed the same steps as you (numerous times) and have gotte nowhere except for more frustrated.

Anyone? Please help?
    Shannon
    I have exactly the same problem to sync my HP iPAQ hw 6945 on my office and home pcs. Any updates?

I am going to try changing the sync mode and will update the result.
    Last edited by cysun; 02/28/2007 at 08:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    I am syncing my Treo 750 on 2 computers. One is a desktop running Vista RC2 and the other is a laptop running XP Pro SP2. I connect to both with the included USB sync cable. Windows Mobile Device Center on the desktop and Activesync 4.2 on the laptop. I have had no problems with either system.
    Quote Originally Posted by jevangil View Post
    Activesync 4.2
    That is most likely why. Once I moved to AS 4.5 gold on both of my systems, I no longer could sync with 2 machines.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    That is most likely why. Once I moved to AS 4.5 gold on both of my systems, I no longer could sync with 2 machines.
    I'm not sure if that's the problem ... I started with 4.2 and it wouldn't work so I moved to 4.5 and it still wouldn't work. I moved back to 4.2 and still no luck. It did work for me when I used my Dell Axim, but I don't remember the version of AS that I had installed at the time.

I have yet to find a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by scollins View Post
    I'm not sure if that's the problem ... I started with 4.2 and it wouldn't work so I moved to 4.5 and it still wouldn't work. I moved back to 4.2 and still no luck. It did work for me when I used my Dell Axim, but I don't remember the version of AS that I had installed at the time.

I have yet to find a solution.
    Hmmmm.....strange. I was able to sync 2 machines with 4.2 and even 4.5 beta.

My solution? I am in a trial of 4smartphone to sync with my home pc. I will try to maintain a AS partnership at work.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I tried hard reset and everything is ok now.
    Thanks.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by cysun View Post
    I tried hard reset and everything is ok now.
    Thanks.
    i've actually tried 2 different 750's ... same problem w/ both.
    Quote Originally Posted by scollins View Post
    i've actually tried 2 different 750's ... same problem w/ both.
    I think it's AS, not the Treo itself. I have heard other people with different devices have the same problem.
    I have exactly the same problem, and while good to find others with this in common, it is disheartening that the problem seems unresolved.

i.e. I can sync with one of my two computers at a time, but not both. In fact this worked until a month ago, and has stopped for no apparant reason. No upgrade of any software or firmware, and no settings that I can remember changing.

Did any of you ever find a solution? I would be very very happy to hear from anyone that has.

Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12