Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    i've been having a lot of trouble trying to turn the bluetooth on. i tap on the bluetooth icon in the "today" screen, it starts to open the bluetooth screen, but all i see is the word "settings" on the top left, but that's the only change, while the rest of the screen stays in the "today screen".

i tried uninstalling the last several installed programs in hopes of tracing the conflict back to a certain program. after a few uninstalls, the bluetooth would start working for a few days, then it'll all of a sudden not let me access the bluetooth folder under "settings". i've even tried hard resets and restoring back up files, but the problem persists. i've tried a total of two hard resets, but the problem eventually returns.

is there a way to reinstall the bluetooth drivers? or what can i do to track down any possible conflicts? any ideas? thanks.

update: forgot to mention that neither one of the EV and Signal icons respond to repeated stylus taps.
    Last edited by ft5117; 01/22/2007 at 04:28 AM.
  2. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I have similar symptoms from time to time and have been assuming they are related to the bluetooth headset dropout issue. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=dropout
    I'm sorry - I just thought this was a hysterical post topic. Bluetooth? Not working? Surely you jest!
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    I'm sorry - I just thought this was a hysterical post topic. Bluetooth? Not working? Surely you jest!
    nah, the other people who have BT (bluetooth) drop out problems have it easy. i've found simple tricks to get it working and re-paired. my problem is worse, because it also affects the EV and signal icons.

Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    I have similar symptoms from time to time and have been assuming they are related to the bluetooth headset dropout issue. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=dropout
    i've seen many threads posted about bluetooth drop out issues. i had that "drop out" problem on my 700w and i can live with it, but this new problem on my new 700wx is worse! this new problem won't even let me control the BT on/off, so i can't even use my BT headset.

thanks for the link, i did find one person who has the same problem. unfortunately, there's still useful information/solution in that thread.

update: i did a few more hard resets and finally got it to work. each hard reset and "restore" was done differently. the one that finally worked was when i did this:
    1. hard reset
    2. use Sprite Backup to restore "my documents, email, personal database".
    3. then use Sprite Backup again to restore "system data"
    4. bluetooth works now.

after a mix of 12 incoming and outgoing calls (5 - 20 minutes each call), the bluetooth headset is still working. let's see how much longer it'll work until i install a new program or until the BT decides to act up again.
    Several of us have been having this issue. It starting happening after install of the sms patch. When it happens the only known fix is a hard reset and restore. You have to restore from a backup where bt was working.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Several of us have been having this issue. It starting happening after install of the sms patch. When it happens the only known fix is a hard reset and restore. You have to restore from a backup where bt was working.

thanks. i stopped deleting programs after reading your reply... saving me a lot of time. well, after several restores, i got it working perfectly. then today, i don't know what i was thinking when i read somewhere that you had to reinstall sms patches after a hard reset. that led to unresponsive bluetooth / radio / EVDO icons. after half a dozen sprite back up "restores", i finally got it working again. now i'm paranoid about installing new software, because the restores don't always work on the first try. i wonder if there's a more reliable way to restore back ups?

btw, i forwarded the info, hope things work out with the cards. didn't want to add clutter to your pm box. thanks again.