Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Have you guys seen all the action with the aku 3.3 beta on the 6700? I wish we had something to play with. Where is our rom update?
    Last edited by codyppc; 01/22/2007 at 10:21 AM. Reason: I'm a retared special ed student that doesn't have good grammer.
    Too bad your Treo doesn't have grammar check.
    yes saw it I did. We are long overdue an update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    Too bad your Treo doesn't have grammar check.
    Hey. Stay on topic. That's TC Forums Rule 124.4.7(b)(i), subparagraph a. That is all. Carry on.
    rule no 76, no excuses play like a champion
    I am offended.
  7.    #7  
    Ok, ok. I tried to fix the grammer in my first post. Does it look any better?

Just because I didn't pass english in school, doesn't mean everyone needs to make fun of me. If grammer is such a requirement here maybe I should just stop posting. lol.
    Last edited by codyppc; 01/22/2007 at 10:23 AM.
    Is capitalization not part of grammar these days?

Just joking. You will get AKU 3.3 when Palm is good and ready of course, in their next device. The fact that they never back-ported the threaded SMS to the Treo 700wx (which they actually promised in their marketing literature) argues against any other scenario.

Surur
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Is capitalization not part of grammar these days?
    Ok, I fixed that as well.

Man, talk about a tough crowd...
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    We can thank sarbanes-oxley for this. We can expect bug fix updates but I wouldn't expect to see any new roms for the wx.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
    We can thank sarbanes-oxley for this. We can expect bug fix updates but I wouldn't expect to see any new roms for the wx.
    this doesn't seem to be a rom update. it's a aku update. I do belive thay are different, although you do tend to see aku upated when you get rom updates. but not necessarily.

I could be wrong.
    I have a feeling that Palm will ship the Verizon 700wx with AKU 3.3, and threaded messaging. They'll probably release a ROM update for Sprint 700wx's soon after. At least this is what I hope they do.
    Jimmie Geddes
    how does Sarb-Ox affect users getting ROM updates??? Do they hide their accounting numbers inside our roms? I don't understand how a law that dictates proper accounting and reporting practices prevents us from receiving updates to products that expand functionality and improve performance...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I want the 750s to get the in-call icons for speakerphone/mute like the 700wx has..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I have a feeling that Palm will ship the Verizon 700wx with AKU 3.3, and threaded messaging. They'll probably release a ROM update for Sprint 700wx's soon after. At least this is what I hope they do.
    I hope you are right Jim. Mainly because I'm on Verizon

Now if only it had an upgraded BT stack for AD2P and voice dial... I could laugh at the 750
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I just hope users who already have the 700w don't get left out in the cold. If VZW does release the 700wx with this new aku update, at least make something for the W. I realize that it won't have the ram and things like that, but at least give us some of the hardware fixes. I would just like to do an upgrade as opposed to buying a whole new phone.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum View Post
    how does Sarb-Ox affect users getting ROM updates??? Do they hide their accounting numbers inside our roms? I don't understand how a law that dictates proper accounting and reporting practices prevents us from receiving updates to products that expand functionality and improve performance...
    It doesnt
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    There is no way we can just install the AKU 3.3 from another phone? Or just a generic AKU3.3 or something?
    There will be a rom update soon....It has to be released BEFORE we change to Daylight savings time in the spring due to the time changes this year......
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdar View Post
    There will be a rom update soon....It has to be released BEFORE we change to Daylight savings time in the spring due to the time changes this year......
    how is this different than the time change we did in the fall? I don't remember having any problems.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast