1.    #1  
    Interested in seeing if there is some sort of app I can download for my Treo 700wx that will let me send and receive emails from my work email. I asked one of the IT guys about it, and he said that they only have a blackberry server. Does this mean I just spent $300 on a new toy?
  2.    #2  
    Bump!
    Three simple questions (see if you can get the answers without raising a red flag with your IT folks):

Are you on Exchange 2003:
    Does the Exchange server have Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed?
    Do you use Outlook Web Access? (OWA)

If the answer is 'yes' to all those, you can get instant push email working in about 30 seconds. Not only instant email, but calendar, contacts, and tasks also.
  4.    #4  
    Yes, yes, and yes!

Details?
    ok - here you go.

How to set up Exchange ActiveSync:

Launch the Active Sync app on the device - Start/Programs/Active Sync.

Hit the menu button and select 'Configure Server'. Then enter the following:

First screen:

Server Address: (put in your OWA URL - like, company.owa.com - or whatever you use on your laptop to get into OWA)

(do I check the SSL box?) YES

Next screen:

User Name: (Your Windows NT User Name, just like you use on your laptop)

Password: Your Windows NT password

Domain: Your Windows Domain

(do I check 'Save Password' - ?) Yes, unless you want to enter each time you check mail

Do I need to do anything under the advanced tab? NO, don't go there, leave the defaults.

You can go into the next screen and modify the various settings for Email syncing, calendar, etc, if you wish.

And that's it. See what happens.
    JohnnyMac,
    I set mine up going to the IP of the Exchange server instead of the OWA address. I am not impressed with the results. I have time lags, missing calendar items, etc. Maybe I am doing this wrong. I thought that was the way to do it using OMA. Can you tell me the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    ok - here you go.

How to set up Exchange ActiveSync:

Launch the Active Sync app on the device - Start/Programs/Active Sync.

Hit the menu button and select 'Configure Server'. Then enter the following:

First screen:

Server Address: (put in your OWA URL - like, company.owa.com - or whatever you use on your laptop to get into OWA)

(do I check the SSL box?) YES

Next screen:

User Name: (Your Windows NT User Name, just like you use on your laptop)

Password: Your Windows NT password

Domain: Your Windows Domain

(do I check 'Save Password' - ?) Yes, unless you want to enter each time you check mail

Do I need to do anything under the advanced tab? NO, don't go there, leave the defaults.

You can go into the next screen and modify the various settings for Email syncing, calendar, etc, if you wish.

And that's it. See what happens.
    I am getting a "cache cleaner" trying to load in IE when I enter the OWA of my company. At least it is making contact with the server but I'm thinking there has to be a way around this error.
    you don't do this in IE - you do it in the ActiveSync app on the device. See if that helps. (and as a matter of fact, when you first launch the ActiveSync app on the device, for the first time, it should prompt you to do these things (a hyper-linked blue text command that says something like 'how to set up your device to sync against Exchange' or something like that - it's been about a year since I did this so I might have the details wrong of that text.)
    Quote Originally Posted by unevenload View Post
    JohnnyMac,
    I set mine up going to the IP of the Exchange server instead of the OWA address. I am not impressed with the results. I have time lags, missing calendar items, etc. Maybe I am doing this wrong. I thought that was the way to do it using OMA. Can you tell me the difference?
    I'd go with the specific OWA URL, not the IP address. I can't say for SURE that is your issue, but try the URL and see what happens. In my case, it's instant fast, no dupes, nothing missing, etc.

Just follow the instructions in my post above and verify you have all the settings right.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Thanks JohnnyMac. Before this I had spent countless hours trying to work with a piece of junk software called "Goodlink". Then I happened to see your instructions on using the webmail setting and the native WM5 email application. It works like a charm and does not take over your phone.