1.    #1  
    hi everyone im new here. long time reader and a new poster. just upgraded from 650 to 750 cingular. just wanted to now if the ringo 1.2 works well with 750s? anybody have a problem with it?
    You don't need it. The 750 natively supports midi, wave, and mp3 ringtones. Use the sound app to delete and assign the ringtones. Copy new ringtones either to /My Documents or /Windows/Rings.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the quick reply. i will try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoReloaded View Post
    thanks for the quick reply. i will try it.
    You'll find there are a few apps that you don't need anymore coming from the 650 since you no longer have to hack around the shortcomings of the POS (read: Palm OS). Good Luck and enjoy.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry-man22 View Post
    You'll find there are a few apps that you don't need anymore coming from the 650 since you no longer have to hack around the shortcomings of the POS (read: Palm OS). Good Luck and enjoy.

I really love WM5. I made the right decision with this upgrade. I was able to use some of my programs that i have from my Dell Axim51v (which i just sold)
    GPS works like a charm too! So far so Good.
    Need a ringtone manager for category ringtones right? Looking at mring but don't understand why the heck you need to have their plugin enabled on the today screen, what a waste of space (even if you do move it all the way to the bottom).
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    You don't need it. The 750 natively supports midi, wave, and mp3 ringtones. Use the sound app to delete and assign the ringtones. Copy new ringtones either to /My Documents or /Windows/Rings.

is there a way to put the ringtones on a storage card and still have the sound app find them?

maybe a shortcut or some type of reg edit (like maybe in the registry it tells where the sound app looks for the ringtones)?
    Not that I know of. But unless you are trying to use full MP3 songs, it's not really a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by treonu-b View Post
    is there a way to put the ringtones on a storage card and still have the sound app find them?

maybe a shortcut or some type of reg edit (like maybe in the registry it tells where the sound app looks for the ringtones)?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    For some reason this is just not working for me.

I placed the song in \Windows\Rings then go to the Settings > Personal >Sounds & Notifications, then select Notifications and select Phone - Known Caller and find my song in the list.

The problem is when somebody calls me, I get silence but when I test it out it plays.

Am I missing something?

(Also, this Sound App just the 'Manage' Tab under the Sounds & Notifications right?)
    Is the person in your contacts? If not set the unknown caller ring to the sound also. Also see the thread on sounds stop working, maybe you are seeing this bug.