1.    #1  
    Just incase anyone was wondering....

Most deals they have where you get a discount on the phone make you upgrade to the 39.99 PDA Unlimited data plan. So since Im not eligable for an upgrade I found someone local selling 750's for 400. Went and got a new SIM, and cycled the phone a few times on the network.

Now I got a sweet 750, and I havnt changed my contract. I checked the connection settings and the 750 is connecting to the same wap.cingular.com that my 650 was with MediaMax was.

Then throw the speed hack on top of that and I went from avg. 350K to avg 800K.

Ahhh.... unlimited 800K service for 20 bucks. You rock cingular

Also this phone is awesome. I did alot of reading on here before buying but im seeing the pros WAY outweigh the cons. 240X240? Psh... so what. Ill take the 100X increase in internet speed.
    100x increase...something was wrong if you only got 8k before.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    100x increase...something was wrong if you only got 8k before.
    lol
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  4.    #4  
    Well compaired to my 650 it might as well have been 8K, it wouldn't even stream 32K. But ya your right.. 10X faster
    how can some of the less fortunate ones do this?

I do not have a plan with cing.
    can I get a "regular" phone and get the medianet plan, then swap out sims with a 750v?

$40 for data is too much for me, but $20 is ok.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    ...I found someone local selling 750's for 400
    That is a heck of a price - care to share?
  7.    #7  
    If you buy a 'regular' treo 750, yes you can add MediaMax from the cingular website.

As far as the 750s for 400. I can get 2 more. I know a guy who closed down his cell store and just wants to get rid of them. They are legit.

PM me if interested. I'd be willing to help.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Regarding getting data for 20 instead of 40, just got to a radioshack and have someone switch it there. I work for one and can tell you that probably 90 percent of the associates there wouldnt know the difference and would switch it no questions asked. Would probably have a lot better luck then going to a corporate store or agent, since they actually know the difference. Just a thought