Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    can someone please tell me where i can download this from.
    i would like to use the 700wx a modem for my laptop but cannot seem to find this software anywhere on the palm or sprint website.

thanks
    sprint.com

hang on and i'll give ya a link
    I think one by Sprint requires 15/mo?
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    ok, this is as close as i can get you. go here...

ok now scroll down to where it says "Select your operating system:"

select windows xp or what ever you use. then hit submit.

fourth one down is "Sprint PCS Connection Manager for Phone as Modem/USB Cables". select download.

enjoy, cody

ps... google is your friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    I think one by Sprint requires 15/mo?
    you can download the app for free. if he wants/needs this for the wx drivers the it wont cost him nothing.

i bought pdanet for using the wx as a modem, but since i cant recieve incoming calls while teathered, i did this.

this requires the drivers which you get from Sprint connection manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    you can download the app for free. if he wants/needs this for the wx drivers the it wont cost him nothing.

i bought pdanet for using the wx as a modem, but since i cant recieve incoming calls while teathered, i did this.

this requires the drivers which you get from Sprint connection manager.
    When I started using this I thought it was free, but then I found another 15/month charge on my bill. It's free for corporate accounts only, or at least that's the way it was 2-3 years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    When I started using this I thought it was free, but then I found another 15/month charge on my bill. It's free for corporate accounts only, or at least that's the way it was 2-3 years ago
    this is free to download. it is not free to use. after you download and install, dont use it.

most people just need this for the wx drivers. if you never use it, and never enter your user name and password, thay will never now who to charge.

i have downloaded it a year ago when setting up the 6700 for teathering. downloaded it agian (newer version for wx drivers) to do the teathering as posted above. i have never had a charge for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    i see that you used it. that is why you got charged.

in this thread, it just uses it for the drivers. it give instruction for setting up a new connection and not using sprint connection manager.